Thread: Pipe stabilizer

Default Pipe stabilizer

Can you tell me more how the pipe stabilizer works before I place the order for this small but possibly very helpful piece of equipment? Thanks

Default Re: Pipe stabilizer

Its for shelters like the one pictured on the product page. With an open tarp (or anything else that you can open to have the stove nearby) but doesn't have a dedicated stove jack, you can still support your stove pipe without burning your shelter material.

That is what I am looking for but I also can't really tell what the product is in the image published on the product page, is it a collapsible pole? Wires? How does it attach to the pipe? Thanks

I've not owned one of these but I believe its some kind of braided metal cord and is attached to the beak of that super tarp in the product page photo. If youre looking for a way to do what the product describes, I'm sure the Kifaru offering will be just fine. Thngs they've carried for years like that always turn out to be quite handy. Besides, it's only $10 if you don't want it later.

I had a set a while back, and if they haven't changed, they are basically a piece of thin cordage/guyline (mine was blaze orange) - with swivel snaps at each end. You attached them to the smaller loop on the stove pipe rings via swivel snap and the other end you could fashion a loop to stake to the ground or tie off to something else - using at least 3 points of opposing force. I think it came with 5 sets.

If you have some swivel snaps and some thin type guyline, you can make them yourself. Now I can't remember if there were swivel snaps on each end, or if there was just a loop on one end.

These items would do it:
    -https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHRAX7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    -https://www.amazon.com/Riptail-Barrel-Swivels-Safety-Snap/dp/B072BWRRF3/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1501719014&sr=1-6&keywords=swivel+snap
    MojoSlim

I will probably order one if the shipping isn't too stiff. I want to pitch my tent then use the tarp to create a covered porch/cooking area with the little stove underneath, I am trying to locate a 45 degree elbow that would be compatible with the titanium collapsible stoves. I saw a video of a guy hiking with a hammock and a collapsible titanium stove with the 45 degree elbow, looked like it worked very nice for the chilly days.