Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pockets gone, now black/typhon only on the GPS pouch?

Default Pockets gone, now black/typhon only on the GPS pouch?

What's going on?

Default Re: Pockets gone, now black/typhon only on the GPS pouch?

The GPS pouch seems to be discontinued.

Seems like the most desirable stuff is being phased out.

When I was in USAF, Kifaru was the go-to for tactical gear. Everything else was a distant 2nd.

I'm out now but my friends are still deploying, OPSTEMPO hasn't let up. But Kifaru seems to have given up on military buyers, and packs I considered legend are all gone.

I've begun buying things I don't fancy as much as my old gear, for fear that it too will soon be gone, with nothing offered to replace it.

Sad times.

The GPS pouch is something I'm really going to miss. I often used two or three on a pack. I do have several, but I'd prefer not to have to move them from pack to pack.

This. It's sort of game over. Gutted.

Adios I guess.

Kifaru is pretty much a dedicated Hunting outfit now. Many of the tactical line accessories seem to be all but depleted and it seems as if they won't be restocked at this point. It's a shame another company doesn't pick up some of Kifaru's discontinued designs. They could make a lot of money.

I would think if there was money to be made in the tactical market right now, Kifaru would not have backed away from it. They know their business.

z

It seems the demand is still there though as every posting I've seen the GPS pouches are snatched up.

Well someone at Kifaru just replied to my email asking where all the other colours are for GPS pouches. 'Discontinued'

What on earth are they up to. 500D simply isn't upto task attached to packs, and they seem hell bent on getting rid of 1000D from their line up. Even their small side pouches are 'out of stock' of the stuff. Way to go Kifaru. I some what pointlessly bought an X-ray of you and all of that pal rigging is junk. Nicely

If you're not too set on all the pockets being from the same manufacturer as the pack, there are still a pretty fair number of options out there. For a full-sized pack, Kifaru's 1000D organizer is my favorite design I've come across, but Zulu nylon makes a great one too, and TAD's OP1 pouch is a pretty decent fill in. Pretty sure Tactical Tailor makes one too.

For bottle pockets, you've got the HSGI soft taco, MSM bottle corset, ITS bottle holder, and 1-liter utility pouches from numerous manufacturers in 1000D. For GPS, I think 1000D options are a little fewer, but I'm pretty sure EMDOM makes a good one.

I'm kinda bummed out about the apparent discontinuation of most of the pockets and the internal framed tactical line of packs too, but it is what it is.