Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1st, possibly only, post. Marauder...

Unhappy My 1st post: missing my Marauder...

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Please humor me while I gripe.

Bought a Coyote Brown first-version Marauder (G1..? I never knew the nomenclature) while I was a reservist in USAF. The bottom line: best. pack. EVER!

Loved that pack like crazy, especially that it was smothered with PALS webbing. That's why I bought it, plus it was perfectly sized for mission requirements.

FF to 2016, my brother was desperate to acquire a Marauder, but couldn't, and pleaded with me to buy mine which, like an IDIOT, I sold him for .25 cents on the Dollar.

But he knew what I ignorantly, did not: the Marauder is no more!

So, here I am SOL. There is no Kifaru pack quite like my old Marauder, but I can't quite be happy with another manufacturer.

Is there any chance Kifaru might bring it back into production?

Sad times...
    Last edited by Buncheong; 06-28-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Default Re: My 1st, possibly only, post. Marauder...

I love mine, and my Omni Yoke (same size). Pay attention, they show up for sale every now and then. I seem to see OD more than CB. Watch eBay too...
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

Wow...this is your lucky day!!! Mike175gr just put one back up in the Trading Post, here: http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=45092

Snatch it up before someone else does.

Larry

Yes, need to sell mine. I have to many packs and am overloaded with gear... send me a message

I love bringing people together.

I am always amazed at how someone posts they want something and then several threads down someone is selling that exact thing. Check the Trading Post folks.

It sure would be nice if they did a Limited run of the Marauder like they did for the Scout!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    It sure would be nice if they did a Limited run of the Marauder like they did for the Scout!
    Is that how the Scout reappeared? I was sort of surprised by that, I couldn't figure out where it came from...

I like the Scout, but the shoulder straps viewed from the back look a little thin and flimsy... am I wrong?

The Scout is designed to carry all the weight on the Omni belt. The first production models only came with the "sling" type shoulder strap. This strap was only there to stabilize the pack. I switched to the current shoulder straps when they first came out. They do tend to stabilize the pack a bit better; especially when off trail, bouldering, etc. Occasionally, I still use the shoulder sling when using my Scout around town and don't need a lot of stabilization. The shoulder sling also makes it easier to don and doff the Scout.
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Default Re: My 1st post: missing my Marauder...

I appreciate all of the very helpful replies posted here - my sincere thanks to all of the members who took the time to share experience and perspective!

Next I think I'll do some homework on which Kifaru pack might do well as a suitable replacement for my departed Marauder...

Default Re: My 1st post: missing my Marauder...

Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I appreciate all of the very helpful replies posted here - my sincere thanks to all of the members who took the time to share experience and perspective!

Next I think I'll do some homework on which Kifaru pack might do well as a suitable replacement for my departed Marauder...
    Did things not work out with Mike175gr and the Marauder he is selling?