Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Old Kifaru stove?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Kifaru stove?

Default Old Kifaru stove?

I purchased a white 4man tipi and it came with a stove the man said stove was only used once or twice. The question I have is the stove a collectible? If so I live close to Kifaru and would they be able to tell me the year made? Thank you. Im possibly looking to get a lighter stove.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Default Re: Old Kifaru stove?

I've seen a stove that looks like that on a shelf in the design/layout room at Kifaru. I'd say, yes, collectible. Go check out Kifaru for more info if you are indeed close enough to Wheatridge.
    MojoSlim

When I saw the stove at Kifaru, it immediately made me think of the HPG shepherd stove, and wondered how many "new" designs out there have already been tinkered on years ago by Patrick (and Ed T.)
    MojoSlim

Quote Originally Posted by MojoSlim View Post
    When I saw the stove at Kifaru, it immediately made me think of the HPG shepherd stove, and wondered how many "new" designs out there have already been tinkered on years ago by Patrick (and Ed T.)
    That's what I thought. That stove is awesome!

Gents, I created that stove design in 1998, if memory serves. We produced them for a couple of years.

Mojo, you observed one just like it in the stove archives at Kifaru Headquarters.

I'd call it a solid piece of kit. I'd use it and get over the self-doubt about the price and the headache you'll spend trying to save some grams.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    I'd call it a solid piece of kit. I'd use it and get over the self-doubt about the price and the headache you'll spend trying to save some grams.
    Agreed, that round bottom should draft REALLY well. Possibly too well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can chime in here....Jason, I have been using a kifaru stove like this in my 4 man since the founding year of Kifaru . I love it. Having the correct length if stove pipe is important to get a good draft. Let me know if you want me to measure mine. I say you are lucky to have this stove....
    Don't just do something, sit there and think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave R. View Post
    I can chime in here....Jason, I have been using a kifaru stove like this in my 4 man since the founding year of Kifaru . I love it. Having the correct length if stove pipe is important to get a good draft. Let me know if you want me to measure mine. I say you are lucky to have this stove....
    A measurement would be nice the stove came with 2 different pipes the roll up light weight one and a sectional 3 or 4 piece pipe.
    So you use it and have not had a problem? Any thing I should do before I use it in the field? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Length of pipe has more to do with how much is sticking out of the top of your tent. Too long, you risk having it fold over in high wind. Big risk having a glowing stovepipe fold in a 60+ mph wind....
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....