Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discontinuing products people continuously hunt for ?

Default Re: Discontinuing products people continuously hunt for ?

Crosssda I'm curious to know which items were out of stock since I'm a big fan of Mandrake. I may even have what you were looking for.

It was during their Christmas sale and I was taking advantage of it by ordering a nomad setup. I'm pretty sure it was the camp bag I had on my mandrake setup when they told me they were dropping that color. I wanted all my kit to match so I changed it over to highlander then.

I was disappointed because here in the Midwest I feel mandrake is better suited for the majority of the year. I'm sure kifaru feels it wasn't selling enough to keep it around anymore.

I feel their color choices are going to kill the edc side off but maybe they are not designing any new packs for that market any longer.

I agree, especially in the South and East. In fact, through extensive 'testing' in a seasonal woodland environment, I have found Mandrake to perform well year round while Highlander does well only during the dormant months (late fall thru early spring). Mandrake is one of the few woodland patterns that works in a multitude of forests and seasons. To me it's a 'multi-woodland' pattern...not really perfect in verdant forests or dormant ones, but effective enough in both.

In short I would find it extremely helpful if the pockets were re-introduced. Being in the UK more than half the time you guys in the US don't want to ship to me because of the cost, so i'm stuffed in the trade room