Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kifaru Native Setup

Default Re: Kifaru Native Setup

Nice setup Jauwater, never even thought to throw a guide lid on there. The back sleeve works quite well for a Thermarest sitting pad by the way. You can adjust the stiffness with a little more or less air. You can also stick arrows in there between the shoulder straps.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Nice setup Jauwater, never even thought to throw a guide lid on there. The back sleeve works quite well for a Thermarest sitting pad by the way. You can adjust the stiffness with a little more or less air. You can also stick arrows in there between the shoulder straps.
    Nice Bender, the arrows will do the trick. I was hesitant with the idea of the frame sheet cause of the weight. Planning on using this setup on a long backpacking trip, 4-6 weeks, and had a Z-Lite seat in the sleeve. Some added arrows will be proper. Thanks for lookin out. Ha, the first time I seen the Native, the guide lid was the first thing I thought of. I really like the bag, thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Another setup that comes to mind for me with the Native is running two Natives back to back with the pals webbing facing away from each other, laid on a 24in frame with a cargo panel compressing them to the frame. Like that you'd have PALS webbing on back, and both sides for pockets. Run a Guide Lid with it. Would work perfect for people who go on hunts or over night hiking trips with young kids or girlfriends. I'm typically the only one with a pack on when I'm with my nieces/nephews or with my girlfriend. With a setup like that. We'd have the frame, 2 natives, and a guide lid to use as packs for day hikes around camp. That way they can help out after the pack in, and you don't have to listen to everybody complaining about packing in weight.

I put it right on the 22" frame with 4 K-clips. Lines up right. I love this bag. Sorry not a great pic but only one I have on my phone.

No worries, that's nice. I was thinking it'd look slick on a 22" frame. How stable does it stay with the k-clips? Flop around alot? Probably tightens up nice to the frame when loaded all up, I bet.

it's tight because the tab loops at top and bottom of the Native just barely reach the tabs on the frame. However just to be sure it stays tight in the middle I attached one compression strap to the lower side tab loops on the Native which then wraps around the back of the frame in that free space just above the lumbar pad. Not sure if it's needed but I carry some heavy stuff in the bag (hence using the frame) so it seemed to make sense.