Thread: to annex or not to annex...

Default to annex or not to annex...

Planning to get a paratarp. Won't be using a stove. Any thoughts on just buying a sheep tarp and using that for a door if weather arises?

Default Re: to annex or not to annex...

I don't always use an annex, but it's nice to have in real bad weather such as high winds w/ rain. What I've done in heavy rain that was blowing in, I folded the two corners in to block off the entrance, and staked it off. Worked as intended, but you lose a little space. I'm sure you could do with out if need be.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I figured if i bought the sheep tarp I could use that for lots of other things while the weathers not bad, then just use it for a door when the weather gets bad. Not sure how well that would work, but that's my theory.

9oz for the tarp vs 4.5 oz for the annex, Just a thought, though the sheep tarp is more versatile. I've a supertarp w annex and love the setup.

I somehow got really lucky... when I bought my first paratarp it came with a since discontinued "para-poncho". Has a zip up hole to slip over your head like a hoodless poncho, has a stove jack and tie outs to use it in conjunction with your paratarp... if I didn't have that I would run an annex or other tarp in "plow point" form to close off the front end for inclement weather or pitch towards the base of a big azz tree or something similar to shelter that side.

Cool, I'd pay for that for sure. I feel like the annex is much more worth the price if using a stove