Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taller E&E

Default Taller E&E

Will we ever see the E&E stretched out just enough to be able to put the Kifaru Omni Framesheet in it. Some of us have been asking for a stretched out E&E for more than 10 years.
    Think of the possibilities running 3 Chamber Pockets on both front and back inner panels and have a removable framesheet. Would be a nice addition to the Tac lineup.

Default Re: Taller E&E

Agreed a taller E&E with full panel opening would be the perfect small pack. Seeking the same idea, I bought a Native as a near term solution and I love it. Dimensions are great, it holds way more than I thought it would, yet it has a low profile. As I wrote in another spot yesterday in my view it's the best small bag they've made in years. However for my use I need the support so I attach it to a 22" frame. Still maintains the low profile. And fyi if you decide to give it a try it doesn't have a chamber pocket so I attach a belt pouch(es) to the outside when I need the extra pocket, and/or use pullouts. But I agree a full panel opening in this size would just make a good thing even better.

Default Taller E&E

Quote Originally Posted by LMT66 View Post
    Will we ever see the E&E stretched out just enough to be able to put the Kifaru Omni Framesheet in it. Some of us have been asking for a stretched out E&E for more than 10 years.
    Think of the possibilities running 3 Chamber Pockets on both front and back inner panels and have a removable framesheet. Would be a nice addition to the Tac lineup.
    Sounds like a nice little assault aid bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jhayes6405; 04-18-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Kifaru used to offer a "stretched-out" E&E; it was called the Marauder! ; ) And yes, jhayes6405, it made an awesome aid bag . . .

The problem with a bigger E&E is that it quickly "out grows" the simple suspension system.

Have you looked at the 14'R? This pack seems to be a good option for a panel loader.

Take care,
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckarooMedic View Post
    Kifaru used to offer a "stretched-out" E&E; it was called the Marauder! ; ) And yes, jhayes6405, it made an awesome aid bag . . .

The problem with a bigger E&E is that it quickly "out grows" the simple suspension system.

Have you looked at the 14'R? This pack seems to be a good option for a panel loader.

Take care,
    Umm, X-Ray? (I know, it's wider too, but, really what it seems you're asking for is a narrow X-Ray, but without all of the internal PALS webbing.)

I do have proof of "out growing" its suspension.....
    Last edited by robcollins; 04-19-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins
    Rob,
    We need to talk. You've got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jhayes6405 View Post
    Rob,
    We need to talk. You've got a problem.
    Just one? Pfft... Lotsa learnin's happened since that 5 day walk...

Fiddlin' with a new signature line:
    "If you're gonna go through life stupid, ya better be tough..."

You still have those woodland side pockets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckaroo is on to something with the Marauder....perhaps an updated, lighter version. What I have in mind is basically a slightly shorter 22mag on an Omni suspension, in 500d.

No, long since traded off. That was my first Kifaru. It was a G1, right when the G2s came out, and the pockets were on sale too.