Thread: Princeton Tec Terrible service

Default Princeton Tec Terrible service

Wanted to share with you a poster child example of how NOT to retain clients.

06DEC16 I shipped four headlamps back to Princeton Tec for warranty repair (192874 & 192948 were the return authorizations). 2xFuel models, 1x Aurora model, 1x Apex 350 (big lamp with a can holding 4xAA batteries on the back of the head harness). Thinking it would take 30 days, I went through the holidays. School started and I got busy.

15FEB17 I called to check on where the heck they were at. 71 days have now passed. Because they were waiting on parts to arrive for the Apex 350, they had been sitting on the repair and return of the other three headlamps as well. At this point Collin said they would repair the other three and send them out, as they expected another 2-3 weeks on the Apex 350 parts. I had Collin transfer me to his supervisor and left a respectful, but annoyed voicemail for his supervisor (Robert) about what poor service they were providing.

It is now 03APR17. 118 days since I shipped them back to be repaired. Not a word heard from Princeton Tec.

I was unwilling to spend any further $ with Princeton Tec, so replaced one of the headlamps with a Black Diamond. It has worked x2 as long as the Fuel models and is still going strong.

Princeton Tec's warranty is worthless and they apparently don't want my business. I recommend you not give them yours either.

USMA84DAB
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Scout Platoon Leader and Troop XO - B/3-7CAV
    S-4, 3/3 ACR
    S-4, 135MI BN
    CDR, HHC/2CAB-137IN
    OPS Planner, G-3, 35ID
    CGSC Graduate
    CPT, Cavalry
    US Army, Retired

Default Re: Princeton Tec Terrible service

I don't know the Black Diamond lights, but princeton tec is in my opinion, junk.

I recommend Zebralight, unreservedly. Check candlepower forums for more info than I can digest on them.

I gifted my AA version to a farmer that plowed/pulled my buddy's truck out of a ditch at 7pm when it was -30F in Meadow SD. I'll replace it with the 18650 version.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

I have an Olight nova and have been pretty content so far.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M6...a+led+headlamp
    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ron finkbeiner; 04-04-2017 at 11:26 PM.

UPDATE - called client support AGAIN - 139 days after shipping the headlamps in to Princeton Tec on their return authorizations - Spoke with Collin again - he was suprised that his boss had not corresponded with me via e-mail - they are replacing the Aurora with a third Fuel headlamp. He is putting me to the top of the list and says they will ship all four missing headlamps out to me by FRI. Collin seems to be trying to provide client service, but the company is just in the epic fail mode.
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

S-4, 3/3 ACR
    S-4, 135MI BN
    CDR, HHC/2CAB-137IN
    OPS Planner, G-3, 35ID
    CGSC Graduate
    CPT, Cavalry
    US Army, Retired

UPDATE - 148 days after I shipped 4 headlamps to P-Tec, I received 3 brand new Fuel headlamps and one brand new Apex - I am pleased with getting brand new lamps vs. repaired ones, however - just gotta wonder why the hell make me wait 148 days for replacements??????!!!!!!

Needless to say I threw away the advertising stickers they include in each headlamp package. So far my Black Diamond headlamp is holding up well, so looks like this is where my $ will go in the future.

S-4, 3/3 ACR
    S-4, 135MI BN
    CDR, HHC/2CAB-137IN
    OPS Planner, G-3, 35ID
    CGSC Graduate
    CPT, Cavalry
    US Army, Retired

I had a similar, disappointing experience over the winter with a warranty claim on a Fuel headlamp. Several times a period of one month plus would go by without hearing from them or receiving the replacement I was told would be "mailed out today." It got to the point I was much more interested in finding out if they would actually stand behind their warranty and verbal promises versus the cheap headlamp I was going to receive. In the end they sent me a replacement, but it was a painful experience.