Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your Frankenstein packs!

Default Re: Let's see your Frankenstein packs!

Latest frankenpack. G2 Omni Yoke with large side pocket and HPG kitbag used as compression panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jhayes6405 View Post

Latest frankenpack. G2 Omni Yoke with large side pocket and HPG kitbag used as compression panel.

Nice setup. Man, them Omni Yokes are sweet.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jhayes6405 View Post

Yea that looks like a nice set up. How is the side pocket hooked on the top with the k-clips?

Quote Originally Posted by Kifaru1234 View Post
    Yea that looks like a nice set up. How is the side pocket hooked on the top with the k-clips?
    Actually the k-clips run down between the pocket and panel and provide an area I can stow a jacket during activity. I just used G-hooks on the tabs at the bottom. The pocket itself is attached with the plastic clips they provide.

You really had to go and rub it in with that set-up didn't you. Looks great.

Ha, great thread... Here's my entry: Bozeman-era Dana Arcflex tricked out with an HPG Prairie Belt and the shoulder straps off a G2 Marauder.

dana1A by J Barnes, on Flickr

FWIW, no sewing with this mod, but I did have to put a couple of strips of female Velcro tape on the PB so it could be captured in the hipbelt slot. Otherwise, as ugly as it is, it's the best-carrying pack I've ever had--40 pounds (my usual dog walking load-out) and I almost don't register that I'm wearing a pack.

I've got to remember to take some pics tonight and win this...

You guys will appreciate it, have two...

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Ha, great thread... Here's my entry: Bozeman-era Dana Arcflex tricked out with an HPG Prairie Belt and the shoulder straps off a G2 Marauder.

FWIW, no sewing with this mod, but I did have to put a couple of strips of female Velcro tape on the PB so it could be captured in the hipbelt slot. Otherwise, as ugly as it is, it's the best-carrying pack I've ever had--40 pounds (my usual dog walking load-out) and I almost don't register that I'm wearing a pack.
    Thats a load hauling machine!!!

About the only drawback to the Dana bag is that it lacks internal organization by modern standards so everything migrates to the bottom of the pack--but as a winter camping option it's nice to have something that will swallow, say, an Exped 9. Otherwise, I'm keeping an eye on the Velcro tape hack--so far the adhesive has held, but it could be I might have to go with a Hypalon specific formula (or just find a way of sewing through the PB.)

OK, thats an interesting mod. I have an older Arcflex terraplane that I was going to sell, but now I'm wondering if I can bet some life out of it with a new hipbelt...

Would like to know how the HPG belt feels with 60+lbs?