Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kifaru Colorado Winter Rendezvous - Potential Dates

Default Re: Kifaru Colorado Winter Rendezvous - Potential Dates

Looks good to me as it avoids Valentine's Day. If I stay on the same schedule I will go up early.

I predict that if we go with these dates, JonS and I, and possibly a couple of others, will stay up there late too since it's a long weekend for some.
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

Dates are set. 18-19 February 2017. See you there!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala

www.tenkaratracks.com

Thinking about going this year... Where is it (yes, I know, Colorado, specifics... I only say that because I am a smarta$$ and know what I would say)?

Is anyone coming from the Midwest? Carpool?

Closest Airport/Train Station? Any way to bum a ride from either of those? Should I go all the way to Frisco or just to Denver?

Just have to sell the wife on it and figure out how to finance an extra trip this year.
    Last edited by jljmonky; 01-23-2017 at 10:50 AM.

It's north of Silverthorne, I bet if you fly into Denver, someone can help. Maybe me or someone else can offer a ride. There are also folks heading up from C. Springs area that I am sure would offer a ride if you need.
    My wife and kids may stay behind and I am planning on going up.
    Jon

Is anyone going to bring a Tut shelter to the winter Rondy? I am thinking of replacing my smaller shelter with one but I would like take a look at one first. One of the nice aspects of the Rondy is checking out gear and techniques.

eknopkins,

I don't know anyone who has one, but I'll check with Patrick to see if he has one at his disposal that he could bring.

--Dersu Uzala

www.tenkaratracks.com

Am I correct is assuming that the rondy will be in the same location as last year's?
    If plans do not change I will go up early Friday and come back Sunday morning. I could take 1 or 2 people with me. I will leave from the Denver area. Not sure what shelter I will take but I can take an 8 man. If I feel up to it I will make a snow cave as I have done in the past.

Does anyone have a recent report of conditions such as snow depth

Quote Originally Posted by eknopins View Post
    Am I correct is assuming that the rondy will be in the same location as last year's?
    If plans do not change I will go up early Friday and come back Sunday morning. I could take 1 or 2 people with me. I will leave from the Denver area. Not sure what shelter I will take but I can take an 8 man. If I feel up to it I will make a snow cave as I have done in the past.

Does anyone have a recent report of conditions such as snow depth
    Yep, same spot. I'm hoping to be heading in Friday morning too. When I was in there a few weeks ago, there was a good 4', who knows what additional snow/consolidation has done.

There's a few stashes of cut wood, one stacked, one piled (none split) and a few trees to be worked yet. I'll be bringing a saw, splitter, & wedge. Not sure when everyone else is rolling in...

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....