Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom E&E?

Default Custom E&E?

So I just acquired a black E&E (such that it is) and decided it might be fun to make a new one with a few modifications.

You'll note that I did not ask anything at all about what pouches I should add to the thing...I'm asking only about actual design modifications to the bag itself.

What modifications do you think would be useful on the E&E? I was thinking of adding a pocket for a piece of kydex to give it some shape...or a way to attach a holster inside the bag...the main reason for this would be in case I want to add a CCW holster inside and keep it from falling to the bottom of the bag.

Are there any other modifications that you think would work well on this bag/pouch? Maybe some sort of "quick access" pocket on the top of it? I don't really know...I've thought about making it slightly larger than the stock one, but I think one of the features I like about it is its size...so I might just keep it close to the same...

Any sort of internal organization ideas? I don't really care for the chamber pocket attachments...I think I may actually prefer PALS webbing or just dedicated pockets to keep everything from sinking to the bottom of the bag.

Thanks for any ideas...
    Last edited by jumpmaster; 09-27-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: Custom E&E?

I've used my E&E in various configurations, the current is my favourite. 1000D organiser on the front, Tactical tailor accessory pouch above it. It's a bit of a squeeze but works. Inside I have two chamber pockets on the inside front, on the rear is a mesh L&L with 4 tri-glides. I have x-ray straps on the pack.
    Previously I've included a TAD Gear control panel on the inside but it became more of a bind to be honest. On the exterior I've fitted two mini longs which was a great setup when I used it as a camera pack.
    The E&E is a great pack and really adaptable, the only thing I haven't used it for is piggybacking to a larger pack.

I appreciate your thoughts on pouches to add for setting it up. Do you have any ideas as far as modifications to the design of the pack itself? Either external or internal?

Thanks!

Not really, what I was trying to say in an oblique way was that with a few pouches the E&E is as adaptable a pack as you'd need. I did forget to add that in the rear large pocket on the rear I carry a folded and vacuum packed casualty blanket. Handy to have but also stiffens the pack adding minimal weight.

Right.

Anyone have any recommendations for actual modifications to the design of the E&E itself?

I think the mod I'd most like is to see the panel only be a half panel. A full panel opening on a pack that small just adds to the floppiness.

Quote Originally Posted by XMP View Post
    I think the mod I'd most like is to see the panel only be a half panel. A full panel opening on a pack that small just adds to the floppiness.
    Yeah, I can see that...am I remembering correctly that the 1st gen e&e was a half-zip? I think I vaguely recall that and that the gen2 made it a full zip...or maybe I dreamt that...lol
    Last edited by jumpmaster; 09-27-2016 at 05:34 PM.

That's possible. I honestly don't remember and mine is recent enough that it has a full panel.

I actually think the XRay and the Xing could also benefit by having their panels be 3/4 at most, for the same reason.

What you said about a slot pocket for frame sheet/stiffener, foam or what ever...pals grid and pocket on back of the opening like an X-ray. Maybe on the inside back also...could put some #10 mesh pockets there...G1 was half zip if I remember correctly
    Thx
    Wayne
    Last edited by sparks2012; 09-27-2016 at 11:45 PM.

The G1 was not a panel loader like the G2.

Think of it as a Back-Pouch w/ shoulder straps and PALS
    John

"You can't teach stupid" JRH 2009