Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Scout going away???

Default Re: Is the Scout going away???

Quote Originally Posted by jumpmaster View Post
    As a soldier who is still serving, I feel pretty much abandoned by Kifaru. Obviously, they don't see the need to fill the needs of military folks like myself.
    Some of their newest designs were designed to fulfill roles for military groups. I understand what you're saying, but is it possible that maybe this is an evolution of what is being requested from the military groups?

If everyone wanted to buy Zulus or Marauders, you can bet your ass Kifaru would still be selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by TFP View Post
    Some of their newest designs were designed to fulfill roles for military groups. I understand what you're saying, but is it possible that maybe this is an evolution of what is being requested from the military groups?

If everyone wanted to buy Zulus or Marauders, you can bet your ass Kifaru would still be selling them.
    PPpppppfffffftttt.......they're not making anything I need anymore, so I will seek out other manufacturers that still do.

One thing I've learned is to take what Kifaru says with a grain of salt. I even have an email from back in July, stating that the X-ray would be released in OD green whithin the next week. I quickly set aside funds and checked the Kifaru site everyday. Of course, that never panned out since here we are in September. Just like the time I was told the long pockets in Coyote would be back in stock shortly. 3 weeks later, they're in the Rhino Den only available in Mandrake.

Scout is gone, Xing gone, tactical zippy gone, mini longs gone, back pockets gone, skinny minis gone, foliage gone, GPS pockets soon to be gone, side pockets all on clearance. I have a sneaking suspicion that the X-ray will be next to get the axe here shortly. The E&E will probably be the last in the tactical line, that is, until they decide to phase out 1000d. (which will be the last nail in the coffin of the tactical line) How depressing.

Yeah, that was two years ago and apparently a lie. Pretty sure "overhaul" means "removal".

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    One thing I've learned is to take what Kifaru says with a grain of salt. I even have an email from back in July, stating that the X-ray would be released in OD green whithin the next week. I quickly set aside funds and checked the Kifaru site everyday. Of course, that never panned out since here we are in September. Just like the time I was told the long pockets in Coyote would be back in stock shortly. 3 weeks later, they're in the Rhino Den only available in Mandrake.

Scout is gone, Xing gone, tactical zippy gone, mini longs gone, back pockets gone, skinny minis gone, foliage gone, GPS pockets soon to be gone, side pockets all on clearance. I have a sneaking suspicion that the X-ray will be next to get the axe here shortly. The E&E will probably be the last in the tactical line, that is, until they decide to phase out 1000d. (which will be the last nail in the coffin of the tactical line) How depressing.
    I agree with all of the above.

And...if they get rid of 1000D, I will no longer buy their products. I happen to believe 1000D (AT A MINIMUM) is necessary due to having had holes worn in bags while on deployment.

I've been trying to get someone to trade me some of my gear for an E&E, but I guess I'll go ahead and give up on that too.

PPpppppfffffftttt.......they're not making anything I need anymore, so I will seek out other manufacturers that still do.
    While pandering your stuff on their forum. Classy.

I've been trying to get someone to trade me some of my gear for an E&E, but I guess I'll go ahead and give up on that too.
    Can't imagine why that isn't working out...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    While pandering your stuff on their forum. Classy.
    1. The stuff I sell does not compete with anything kifaru sells because they do not make the things I make, Einstein.

2. The reason I got into making gear was to FILL THE GAPS WHERE MANUFACTURERS REFUSE TO DO SO.

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    Can't imagine why that isn't working out...
    No one really cares what you think, you sarcastic piece of garbage. I know I sure the heck don't.

1. The stuff I sell does not compete with anything kifaru sells because they do not make the things I make, Einstein.

2. The reason I got into making gear was to FILL THE GAPS WHERE MANUFACTURERS REFUSE TO DO SO.
    No one really cares what you think, you sarcastic piece of garbage. I know I sure the heck don't.
    Apparently you don't care, you've repeatedly shown your true colors.

Maybe Mystery Ranch and Eberlestock will work out some trade programs for you. Meanwhile, good luck with that E&E.
    Last edited by robcollins; 09-13-2016 at 09:28 AM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

I bought another Xray because of fear of it being discontinued. I'm glad I did because shortly after they increased it to 2000 Ci and I find that too large for what I want in a EDC bag.

The Scout is not in Kifaru's printed catalog that I received yesterday. An end of an era! Maybe they have something new and improved to replace it with?
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Hopefully they are coming out with a new one in with no molle on the bag in500d,back pocket,top pocket, and side pockets about the size of those small pockets with the screwed up molle attchment.