Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger Green or ?

Default Ranger Green or ?

I mentioned this in another thread, but Kifaru has been looking into picking up a green type color in the line to replace OD. We've gotten samples in on a few custom green/earth tone type variations, but getting a consistent color for one shipment to the next has proven to be difficult.

Anyway, I'd like to get your thoughts on Ranger Green and if that would be suitable for a green type color in the line-up?

One of the textile factories we've been working with has been pretty spot on with shading issues (so far so good anyway), so that is a huge bonus on this, as we've been trying to crack down on this as much as we can.

So, would Ranger Green be a suitable color for everyone as the new "Kifaru Green" or should we keep looking?

Thanks Everyone!

Default Re: Ranger Green or ?

I don't think you can get much better overall for a green color than Ranger green. It's suitable for year round use and does change color a little bit depending on light conditions. Green enough to blend into greenery, brown enough to blend in fall/winter (IMHO). I would definitely love to buy all my Kifaru products in ranger green or something very similar. Mil spec Ranger Green has tan buckles which I think is an awesome contrast. If you did pull the proverbial trigger and go with Ranger Green, what is a very rough estimate when packs would be available for purchase?

Also, Ranger Green is one of the few colors that works in every situation, imo. It is low profile and perfect for EDC. Excellent for tactical use. Excellent for hunting / backcountry endeavors. Just my $0.02.

I'm all about adding Ranger Green

I would definitely go for Ranger Green. I would choose it over wolf grey. (I actually have to admit though that I just put 3 large wolf grey side pockets on a foliage green G2 ZXR and the color combination looks pretty cool.)
    A man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.
    -The Doctor of Journalism

if ranger green were an option it would be my first choice in pack color

Would definitely like to see Ranger Green in the Kifaru line-up! Was going to get an E&E (and a couple of other things) in OD, but would prefer these in RG. Would be much more comparability with other company's gear too.

Let's see this happen!
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

I would probably go with CB myself over RG, but I think it's a much better green option than OD and if the consistency is better than FG than I say go for it. The other shade of green that I like is First Lite's Pine and I wear my Pine puffy every day in the winter.

Do it, rangers are awesome.

+1 for Ranger Green
    Great selection Aaron