Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New backpacks - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New backpacks

Default Re: New backpacks

Thanks Eric,
    Really appreciate your looking into it when the time is right.

jim

Guys, can we please get some user pics of the Tarryall's out there?

I've traveled with my Tarryall now - I really like the pack. This update is on how to protect it if you get forced to check it with the airline. A small Osprey Airporter works well and fits in the top pocket of the Tarryall. I cut the shoulder strap off the Airporter and cured the raw ends with a hot knife (already carrying a Kifaru class suspension - the Airporter's shoulder strap was just in my way). Airporter seems sufficiently tough - It has been through four flights where it had to be checked and doesn't have a mark on it. I guessed wrong initially and purchased a medium Airporter - it is huge - fits a full ZXR (with the first section of the snow collar loaded). If you are looking for a protective cover for a Tarryall (for when you are not carrying it) - the SMALL Osprey Airporter is the best I've found so far.

I recently traveled with my tarryall on one of the smallest commercial planes with overhead storage I had the bag stuffed fairly full and didn't have an issue getting it on the plane. That being said in order for it to fit in the over head I just simply removed my mega pullout and the bag went in easily and then I just threw the pullout in the overhead right behind it. I travel often and bought this pack for edc /travel/dayhuntjng. I get a few odd looks when carrying it around the office but I don't mind that, most if the comments end up with man that is a badass looking pack. I went with ranger green by the way and love it. Here is a pic of it in the overhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk