Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What happened to politics correct (or not) section?

Default Re: What happened to politics correct (or not) section?

I've been on here half as long as you, Bill.

I really look at join date a lot when a name I don't recognize pops up. It took me a while to get over the shyness of not knowing folks here to go to a rendezvous and meet folks. After I did, I kicked myself for not doing it sooner. The lone wolf thing's just, well, lonely. There's a lot of good folks here, and lurking as well. The world is what you make of it.

I mentioned earlier in this thread posting pics. I was scared it would paste a target on my back. I think it did the opposite. It opened up some chatting about the negativity, and people other than me are posting more pics. About backpacks & hunting & fishing. What Kifaru folks LOVE!

Do you know Jeff Rotondo? He's from Trinidad, there are a few pics of him from the Rendezvous in February, GREAT guy... Not on here as much, but pretty avid backpacker/fisher/dirtbag/kindred spirit...

If you (or anybody) needs help in figuring out how to post a pic to share a story, I'm glad to help, send me a PM.
    Last edited by robcollins; 04-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Rob, I need help......

Probably in more than just posting pictures!

I can agree to the Rondy piece. I won't miss another one if I can help it. I have been to three and they are a blast, great group of folks and I meet someone new each time. The networking has some serious benefits.

Name:  2015 Spring Rondy Shoot.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  6.6 KB

Here is a benefit from going to a Rondy, you get to shoot, and shoot a lot!

Aloha Kakou from somewhere beween the Oscillations

Quote Originally Posted by widowshooter View Post
    Rob, I need help......

Probably in more than just posting pictures!

I can agree to the Rondy piece. I won't miss another one if I can help it. I have been to three and they are a blast, great group of folks and I meet someone new each time. The networking has some serious benefits.
    I miss being able to regularly go to all the Colorado Rondys (I wonder if a Northwest Rondy will pan out this year). Have met a lot of great people at them, and always have a great time (especially the gathering and sharing of spirits around the stove in the 24-man Tipi).
    MojoSlim

Mojo,
    There is no reason we couldn't plan our own PNW rondy.