Thread: Powered Deer Cart

Default Powered Deer Cart

I was inspired by Fred Bear's trip to The Little Delta, where he use the Merry Packer to transport cargo to and from camp. I used a 2 hp. Honda [only foreign vehicle that I own]and 49 to 1 gear reduction. This baby has power and will fit between the rows of a corn field!

This is my four wheeled version, for heavy duty hauling. I used it to haul camp about a mile up, from where we were dropped off at the beach on South Fox Island in Lake Michigan. I found out that it gets about 16 mpg.

I also make Treestands, Muzzleloaders, a bolt action pistol with front and rear grip stocks.

Anybody else have any projects to share?
    Get Close and Wack'em Hard

NC northwest part in Blue Ridge mountains

Default Re: Powered Deer Cart

How much weight can you haul?It looks like you have a very creative mind.
    John

Default Re: Powered Deer Cart

I can haul two deer at a time in the one wheel. The big ATV tire really "Shines" in the SWAMP. Where we use to "pole" the deer out,I can drive them out. One deer, buy my self, two deer and you need help. It will go ALMOST anywhere a deer can! Low thick brush is bad!

The big cart will haul 3 rubbermaid lid lockers, plus some extra. 7 more inches and I could get 4 in it. [next model] Since the picture, I have added two rear idler wheels and a disk brake. If the trails weren't too rutted, I think you could get a whole Elk in one trip if it was quartered. A poor mans ATV.
    Get Close and Wack'em Hard