Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Duplex Frame
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplex Frame

Default Duplex Frame

Hi there.

I just received a new Kifaru duplex frame. I'm pretty stoked with it and would firstly like to say thank you to everyone at Kifaru, especially the people that built the thing. It's amazing.

One thing I have been a bit surprised by is that I cannot stack pods on this frame, a la the old video that has Patrick stacking large, medium and small pods onto the duplex frame, or like Mel's photographs with the pods / long pocket options etc.

It appears as if the new frame (with a single delta strap) is designed to work smoothly with a cargo panel, as well as with the various bags, but no longer with pods and pockets alone? Am I correct in thinking this?

Fortunately I have a panel on order.

Am I right in thinking that it isn't possible to use the pods in the manner described above on the frame anymore. Did I miss a memo about this?

Or is it that I just haven't worked out how to do it yet?

Any help is appreciated and thanks once again.

Circa71

Default Re: Duplex Frame

Cira can you take some photos of the Duplex? I think we can then better answer the questions. Do you have the 1 inch strap loops like in this photo?

shtfco,

My frame is pretty much the same from the bottom up (apart from having the new singe delta) until we get to the area with the single female buckle in the photo. It is clean from that point upwards to the tab loops at the very top (which it has, with common loops).

It also has three loops of webbing on both sides of the edge of the frame. That's not so easy to explain but I will try to take a photo. If you check out the new cargo panel pages on the Kifaru sales webpage you can imagine the webbing fitting well with the cargo panel.

Hope that makes some sense.

Apologies for the quality of the picture - it's late here and the frame is black!

Name:  IMG_1177.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  31.7 KB

That doesn't look right. Is it a GEN1 frame, but they also had common loops higher? Not as many, but definately more than that....

Hi - i hope it is right, as it has come from Kifaru. Surely not G1?

Quote Originally Posted by circa71 View Post
    Hi - i hope it is right, as it has come from Kifaru. Surely not G1?
    I would call. Based on what I see, I agree with Foranama. It also doesn't look like the last thumbnail shown here: http://store.kifaru.net/duplex-platf...ension-p8.aspx

It may work fine if you're just throwing a pack bag on, but, especially with the re-release of the Cargo Panel, it should hold pods...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

hmmm, yeah. It's a bit tricky calling from England but it certainly doesn't look good.

Edit: I have written an email to Heath for the time being.
    Last edited by circa71; 03-06-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by circa71 View Post
    hmmm, yeah. It's a bit tricky calling from England but it certainly doesn't look good.

Edit: I have written an email to Heath for the time being.
    He will get back to you. Or Aaron Joe or even Patrick may chime in. Yours definitely looks to be a G1. Can you take a Photo of the Lumbar pad for us? That will tell us. Or does it have just a triangle of Hypolon on the lumbar or is the Bottom half the Lumbar covered in the Hypolon material?

The lumbar pad has a large rectangle of Hypalon covering the bottom 3/4s, like this http://store.kifaru.net/duplex-platf...ension-p8.aspx