Thread: Need a new pack which Kifaru

Default Need a new pack which Kifaru

I just did a workout trying to haul 100 lbs 2 miles and learned my Kuiu Icon 6000 while a nice pack just doesnt seem to be able to handle a load this heavy. Up to 65 pretty comfy but it was a tough go. I was going to get a spike camp as my go to everyday bag but when I need to pack in get something a little more up hauling a heavier load with 100 being the max. getting ready to pack in this fall with my 10 yr old daughter so I will be carrying the bulk of the load. I have never owned any kifaru packs but obviously sound like the way to go just not sure which model would suit me best. When packing in I tend to use the pack I brought in as my daypack as well once i get there. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Need a new pack which Kifaru

Quote Originally Posted by Thaase View Post
    I just did a workout trying to haul 100 lbs 2 miles and learned my Kuiu Icon 6000 while a nice pack just doesnt seem to be able to handle a load this heavy. Up to 65 pretty comfy but it was a tough go. I was going to get a spike camp as my go to everyday bag but when I need to pack in get something a little more up hauling a heavier load with 100 being the max. getting ready to pack in this fall with my 10 yr old daughter so I will be carrying the bulk of the load. I have never owned any kifaru packs but obviously sound like the way to go just not sure which model would suit me best. When packing in I tend to use the pack I brought in as my daypack as well once i get there. Thanks for any help!
    Shoot me a call at the office today or on my cell. We can talk about different pack setups and which bag will be best. The Duplex frame is definitely the way to go for what your needs are.

Joe Baht
    480-326-9009 cell
    303-278-9155 office

I've been training regularly with my bikini frame and 65ish pounds. The bikini works great and I have no worries that it could handle 100# plus if I needed it to. But... I chose the bikini over the duplex because I like the lighter weight and more "flexible" frame of the bikini over the duplex because I know I won't be carrying super heavy weights all the time. Joe is probably right with the duplex and the heavier loads but if it's going to occur only a few trips a year then don't count the bikini out.

I love my EMR2 bag for its versatility. It reduces to a great size day pack for short trips and with that front zipper blows out to accommodate mega sized loads of anything you'd want to carry. I chose this bag because I also plan to carry the bulk of the gear when I take one or both of my kids with me (age 12 & 9) and felt the options to expand or reduce on the fly would suit my overall needs best.

I do have a Rambler on the way for my 12yo son's pack and hope it will fill the day pack to awkward load hauler when he needs it to.

Best advice is to call Joe or Aron.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Kifaru View Post
    Shoot me a call at the office today or on my cell. We can talk about different pack setups and which bag will be best. The Duplex frame is definitely the way to go for what your needs are.

Joe Baht
    480-326-9009 cell
    303-278-9155 office
    Joe

Let me know when would be a good time to shoot ya a call. Thnx