Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need input on the Cargo Panel!

West Coast USA, staying close to home... for now.

Default Re: Need input on the Cargo Panel!

I have the Tac Panel and get a lot of use out of it.

I love me some PALS. That said, my application for the outside of the panel is:

(A) pockets containing lightweight but bulky stuff like my Woobie, fleece, hard shell and such--in "old" LPs that are D&L'd on K Clips. The only PALS I use is up top, where I have an EMDOM 3" Wide Load with possibles/have-quick type stuff. I don't use even use the PALS on the bottom of the panel as PALS (lash point for gypsy type gear like a Z-Rest).

Or:

(B) The aforementioned Wide Load with an E&E or Zippy K-Clipped beneath it.

Sooo... My suggestion is put 3x rows of PALS across the top for PALS mount of a MALICE Claymore/Koala (for us old fahts) or any other combo of PALS pouches that mount with MALICE Longs onto an 8-colum matrix.

For the REST of the panel's outside surface below that PALS matrix, I suggest (vertically-oriented) lash points for D&L, interval'ed for 2x Long Pockets or 1x Back Pouch/E&E/Zippy. You guys have the lash point thing down to a science.

I like the inside surface just fine for hanging L&L #7s, #11s or whatever.

Hope this all makes sense.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    No like, no buy. Because 'merica. And thanks for reducing our wait time.

I've been looking into a cargo panel for day pack use. My question is can it be mounted flat against a duplex and how "tight" Will it be? Can I attach it to the frame and mount pockets on the outside of it without the panel and the pockets bouncing around too much? This way when the need to haul something comes around to haul out I can detach the panel throw the load in and compress with the pockets getting sandwiched between the panel and the load.

Hope I'm making sense to you guys. Cause in my head it's ideal for most of my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by bbc26 View Post
    I've been looking into a cargo panel for day pack use. My question is can it be mounted flat against a duplex and how "tight" Will it be? Can I attach it to the frame and mount pockets on the outside of it without the panel and the pockets bouncing around too much? This way when the need to haul something comes around to haul out I can detach the panel throw the load in and compress with the pockets getting sandwiched between the panel and the load.

Hope I'm making sense to you guys. Cause in my head it's ideal for most of my needs.
    With the number of straps and buckles in the Cargo Panel kit you can make it do about anything, including suck up flat to the frame. It will need to be folded over to its smallest size to fit. Most of the tension will be vertical because the panel is the same width as the frame. You can get horizontal tension by running straps around the frame above and below the padding for your back. Pockets will then attach without much movement if they aren't loaded with too heavily. It makes a pretty good sleeve to slide rain gear or a bladder into.

I run mine rolled up with the straps set up for a load of meat, and compressed under a pocket attached to the frame. It's really quick to move the pockets from the frame to the panel, especially if the female buckles are placed there ahead of time. It's like its not there until needed.

The CP was my first Kifaru purchase and still one of my absolute favorites. It's really only limited to one's creativity!

Any idea when a new panel will be released?

Thanks teddy. Most likely gonna be my next move. Probably wait to see what the new one looks like.

Within the next couple weeks.

Cool. Thanks for the quick response

I'm pretty jacked about it. The new kifaru clips make it way more versatile and user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by bbc26 View Post
    Thanks teddy. Most likely gonna be my next move. Probably wait to see what the new one looks like.
    I run mine rolled up at the bottom and use my Scout mounted on the top of my 26" duplex a lot. Other times, I use a 65 liter ILBE dry bag with it to carry a 8 man tipi, medium stove and gear and food for me and my two kids. Comfortable, but not for the faint of legs & lungs...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

@straps

Do you use the cargo panel with the Xing or separately?