Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paypal scam....sellers beware

Default Re: Paypal scam....sellers beware

FYI shipping through usps and insuring it for anything over 200$ requires a signature. They wont deliver it without a signature.

I've shipped lots of stuff insured for $500 and it doesn't make me select signature required. When doing that online it costs extra. Are you shipping with an online account?

Another significant part of the "terms" is that it be shipped within 7 days. These folks running this scam are using that shipping time requirement to get a full refund as that wont provide shipping info until 7 days or more from payment date. In my case shipping was delayed 7 days by leading me to think he was going to buy additional items I had listed.
    You have a choice, You can throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat off your face.

Right. On eBay, I require payment with 24 - 48 hours. Once paid, I'll typically ship within 24 hours. I do the same here and on other boards where I sell. From the terms, though, it doesn't look like any of us are covered if our purchases are outside of eBay regardless of whether items are shipped within 7 days.l