I wanted to throw up a quick post on how pleased I am with my KU long pockets. I used them this weekend for a hike to check a packing list that I had made to use for this upcoming hunting season. I put my 40* Snugpak sleeping bag into one of them and attached it to the outside of my KU 5200. When I started my hike it was a light drizzle and I figured that it wouldn't get too wet due to walking in the forest. However, after we reached the turn around point, the clouds dumped on us and we had a heck of a downpour for about an hour and then it went back to a drizzle. When I got back to my truck everything was soaked. I could see through water dripping off of my long pockets so I was pretty sure my bag was soaked. Three hours later I got home and started to get everything ready to hang and to my surprise the entire sleeping bag was bone dry. I haven't sprayed camp dry or anything on as of yet. I am not sure if this is normal, but I am very impressed with the water repellancy of this pocket.