Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shabby stitching on EMR framesheet

Default Shabby stitching on EMR framesheet

I'm sorry to mention this, but I just did a thorough inspection of all the stitching on my recently purchased EMR frame sheet and was disappointed to find numerous spots where the thread at the end of a stitch was not knotted and easily came loose with a minimal amount of pressure applied. I would say close to half of the stitches I looked at were not knotted. There is also a lack of uniformity in the manner that stitches are sewn. For instance, on the upper part of the shoulder strap where the fabric is double sewn into the plastic stiffener, on some ends the stitch line proceeds all the way over the edge where it is tied properly. But, on others the stitch line stops before reaching the edge and the ends of the threads are loose and not tied.

I don't know if the guy who sewed it doesn't know how to tie a knot with his machine or what the exact reason for this is, but I couldn't help getting a little PO'd noticing the number of these unsecured loose ends as I examined the frame. Now, it is a lot easier for me to deal with this issue myself rather than to ship it to Kifaru and have to wait to get it back. And I did go over it and added some thread where needed and fused the loose ends by burning them and pushing them down into the other threads where they melted together. But I just couldn't help thinking as I was doing this, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by HarpT View Post
    I'm sorry to mention this, but I just did a thorough inspection of all the stitching on my recently purchased EMR frame sheet and was disappointed to find numerous spots where the thread at the end of a stitch was not knotted and easily came loose with a minimal amount of pressure applied. I would say close to half of the stitches I looked at were not knotted. There is also a lack of uniformity in the manner that stitches are sewn. For instance, on the upper part of the shoulder strap where the fabric is double sewn into the plastic stiffener, on some ends the stitch line proceeds all the way over the edge where it is tied properly. But, on others the stitch line stops before reaching the edge and the ends of the threads are loose and not tied.

I don't know if the guy who sewed it doesn't know how to tie a knot with his machine or what the exact reason for this is, but I couldn't help getting a little PO'd noticing the number of these unsecured loose ends as I examined the frame. Now, it is a lot easier for me to deal with this issue myself rather than to ship it to Kifaru and have to wait to get it back. And I did go over it and added some thread where needed and fused the loose ends by burning them and pushing them down into the other threads where they melted together. But I just couldn't help thinking as I was doing this, WTF?
    We apologize for that, Harp.

Give me a call or email and we'll take care of you.

720-937-1418/Aron@Kifaru.net

Default Re: Shabby stitching on EMR framesheet

I just gott'ta love a company like KIRFAU.........God but I do wish all companies gave after purchase service 1/2 as good as KIRFAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I just gott'ta love a company like KIRFAU.........God but I do wish all companies gave after purchase service 1/2 as good as KIRFAU.
    Thanks Sourdough....the words are much appreciated!

We aren't perfect by any means, but we do try and make things as perfect as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron Snyder View Post
    We apologize for that, Harp.

Give me a call or email and we'll take care of you.

720-937-1418/Aron@Kifaru.net
    Thanks. I'll call when the holidays are over. Merry Christmas!

Harp, just out of curiosity (I want to get to the bottom of this), did you receive a discount when ordering the EMR?

Harp, just out of curiosity (I want to get to the bottom of this), did you receive a discount when ordering the EMR?
    No. I paid full price for a 26" EMR frame sheet with regular back composite stays in coyote brown.

I'll check your order and find out what happened. Again, sorry about this!

Harp, just melt the ends of the threads with a lighter and be done with it. It ain't worth the effort to mail it. This is a one-banana issue.

I'll check your order and find out what happened. Again, sorry about this!
    Hey, what's up Aron? I sent you the pics you requested. I thought maybe you were out hunting or something because you hadn't responded but I see you've made some new posts here today.

And, thanks for your opinion, Take-a-knee. Maybe that's an acceptable solution to a QC error or faulty craftsmanship in a high end product for someone with thousands of dollars to throw away on backpacking and hunting gear, but I'm not one of them.
    Last edited by HarpT; 12-28-2013 at 09:47 PM.