Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2014 Kifaru Nomad

Default The 2014 Kifaru Nomad

Here's a few videos of the 2014 Kifaru Nomad. We've been working on this for 2 years and we feel this is the most versatile pack you'll ever find.

These will be on the Kifaru website later in January.

I will post more info later, but I hope you enjoy the pack as much as we did getting it to you!

Having a small problem with Kifarutube, but I'll get the videos on there ASAP!

Default Re: The 2014 Kifaru Nomad

Can't wait tosee some pictures. You mentioned the bikini and duplex frame. Does that mean both the EMR and MMR frames?

Edit. Reminds me a lot of Eberlestock's sky crane and Mystery Ranch's Crew Cab..... But on a beefed up duplex frame! The biggest killer on the crew cab design is the inability to use the load lifters because the stays are soo short.

This would be perfect for carrying in a climbing stand and still have a stalking/tracking pack. Can't wait to see the price. I just hope it will work on my AG Duplex frame.
    Last edited by domestique; 12-20-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Can't wait tosee some pictures. You mentioned the bikini and duplex frame. Does that mean both the EMR and MMR frames?

Edit. Reminds me a lot of Eberlestock's sky crane and Mystery Ranch's Crew Cab..... But on a beefed up duplex frame! The biggest killer on the crew cab design is the inability to use the load lifters because the stays are soo short.

This would be perfect for carrying in a climbing stand and still have a stalking/tracking pack. Can't wait to see the price. I just hope it will work on my AG Duplex frame.
    It fill fit ANY of the Kifaru frames.

Price ...$244

Quote Originally Posted by Aron Snyder View Post
    It fill fit ANY of the Kifaru frames.

Price ...$244
    Awesome! You guys should have opened with this before announcing all the 2013 product cuts.

I always liked MR's crew cab idea, but hated the lack of suspension support.

Aron when is this going up for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by shtfco View Post
    Aron when is this going up for sale?
    It will be on the website in January

That's a very cool bag. I like how it rides up high when it's not all the way packed out. Sleeping bag stuff sack would fit perfect in the grab-it beneath. I guess you could even run two grab-its. I don't regret the HC 4800 I ordered, however, even though I've been somewhat concerned that the new products would have me kicking myself in the arse. After cropping the longhunter lid, my HC 4800 will give me 5800 ci at about 6 lbs. 12oz. (w/ 26" Duplex composite.) And, the pack and lid which I got in multicam on sale cost a mere $220.00 (comparatively.) It's also a little bit simpler and more straight forward than the Nomad. Awesome pack though!

A mod for the old grab-it which would give the bottom connections the same function of adjustability would be a ladder lock (same as shown in the video for the upper connectors) for the 3-bar to slide into (or even another 3-bar) and a strap with a G-hook sewn on the end to connect to the bag or frame. Or, the strap permanently sewn onto the ladder lock or 3-bar and the adjustability on the other end via K-connector.
    Last edited by HarpT; 12-21-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Very, very cool. I love it

I guess thie Nomad is ideally suited to hunting applications, but it looks like it would make an excellent camping pack as well. I currently use a ZXR but the nomad looks like it is much more versatile.

May I make a request?

A camp duffle with PALS webbing on the front. My thinking would be to add a back pouch/ escape and evade dock and lock system on the camp duffle between the wings. This would allow you to put your essential quick access items on the outside of the pack. When you get to camp drop the duffle and add the dock and lock to the nomad and frame like you showed in your videos.

The way it is now you would either have to attach the pack via compression straps or put the E.E/back pouch in the main duffle until you got to camp. Adding PALS would give more flexibility IMHO.