Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinue List

Default Re: Discontinue List

All of my money is tied up until November and they keep getting rid of things I want. I'm upset the Pointman/Zulu are getting axed. I was going to get one of them at some point. I was especially excited to get one with multicam webbing. Thank heavens I have my ZXR.

West Coast USA, staying close to home... for now.

Wow. Marauder huh? I'll await confirmation. I guess the mainstay assault packs will be the X-Ray and Xing. Someone needs to develop low-profile-ish 5-column-wide pockets for those bags. Hmm...

I can frankly see how the Loco's evolution of the Zulu concept may have conspired to obsolete it.

Pointman was always a better pack, for me, on CONUS FTXs (to include deployment work-ups) than for actual use overseas. Surprisingly good pack for parachute ops. Either way, niche and niche.

FWIW, there's always a trickle of Kifaru product on the auction sites (saw a Coyote MMR, a MC Pointman and a host of pockets just last night). That might be the channel to pursue--until it starts commanding TAD prices...

I'd be bummed about this stuff but for the refinement of the line (my Xing has me thinking about *gulp* parting with a few packs). Marauder, huh?
    Last edited by straps; 02-04-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    No like, no buy. Because 'merica. And thanks for reducing our wait time.

The discontinued list has not been updated, as there is no changes to be made at this time.

As I read through this thread, I see a lot of speculation about 1000D as well. So I'll be as clear as I can; 1000D is not being discontinued at Kifaru

Some of the new packs that we introduce will be in 500D, as the market is demanding it (recent sales of the EMR II and Nomad have shown that in force). That, however, does not mean that we will be abandoning the 1000D anytime soon. We know that many of you have a strong following for it, and we will continue making what the consumer is asking for.

As far as the Marauder, Pointman and Zulu go, they are not being discontinued at this time, but our focus is on the packs that are selling and we will build these bags (Marauder, Pointman and Zulu) as time allows. I hope you can understand that this is just part of a growing company that is trying to keep up with increased sales.

Best,

Aron

Quote Originally Posted by Aron Snyder View Post
    The discontinued list has not been updated, as there is no changes to be made at this time.

As I read through this thread, I see a lot of speculation about 1000D as well. So I'll be as clear as I can; 1000D is not being discontinued at Kifaru

Some of the new packs that we introduce will be in 500D, as the market is demanding it (recent sales of the EMR II and Nomad have shown that in force). That, however, does not mean that we will be abandoning the 1000D anytime soon. We know that many of you have a strong following for it, and we will continue making what the consumer is asking for.

As far as the Marauder, Pointman and Zulu go, they are not being discontinued at this time, but our focus is on the packs that are selling and we will build these bags (Marauder, Pointman and Zulu) as time allows. I hope you can understand that this is just part of a growing company that is trying to keep up with increased sales.

Best,

Aron
    Aron,

Thank you for clearing this up.

Never mind I found my answer.

Aron, you just made my day haha. I really want to get a Pointman someday, but funds won't allow that for awhile. Glad to know I'll still have time down the road to get one.

Glad I got my ZXR while they were still around though, haha.
    EMT w/ Tactical and Wilderness Certs
    "A Leader Is A Man That Can Adapt Principles To Circumstances." -Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Aron Snyder View Post
    Some of the new packs that we introduce will be in 500D, as the market is demanding it (recent sales of the EMR II and Nomad have shown that in force).
    This could also be the Model T phenomenon (You can have it in any color you want as long as it's black). I think these are designs people have been wanting for years and it is the excellent design and execution that drives the sales more than the fabric choice. That being said, there will always be some people that prefer the lighter weight and some that will prefer the extra durability.

And let's be honest... 1000D isn't that much more durable than 500D, and 500D isn't that much lighter than 100D.

Of course, the real way to test fabric preference is to introduce a 500D version in the same colors as a product currently offered in 1000D in the same colors.
    Then and only then can the fabric speak for itself.

Comparisons with a new design is kinda like comparing a metal skinned camaro to a fiberglas vette. (Except the price differential.)
    If people buy the vette are they buying the vette over camaro.
    Or (as some say) they are choosing fiberglas over metal skin.

Did the Padded Shoulder Strap get added to the D-List?