Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Discontinue List

Default Re: Discontinue List

Quote Originally Posted by DVLSBRGD View Post
    The "Tactical" XTL has gone away and the only version listed is a Hunting XTL

This the version that most are not familiar with.

I, for one, only think of the old school Tactical XTL when someone mentions a Kifaru XTL. I bought an XTL not knowing that the Hunting version existed. It was nothing like the only XTL I had ever seen pics of.

HERE'S THE THREAD

Maybe all that needs to be done is to just call it an XTL and put information for it in both the HUNTING and TACTICAL areas of the website.

Yeah, they're very different products. The 'Hunting XTL' is missing some of the features that really make the tactical XTL so appealing.

I know this is an old thread, but I had a couple of comments pertaining directly to it...

1. I saw mention that the Marauder was being "redesigned". That was quite a while ago, yet I've seen nothing of any new design for the Marauder. Maybe I was not looking in the right places?

2. I am not sure the discontinuation of these packs is having the desired outcome, at least where I am concerned. I am forgoing buying new packs from Kifaru and am instead seeking out a used Marauder (need a less conspicuous color these days for traveling)...I'll probably also buy a used X-Ray just to save some $$$...

Anyway, just some unimportant thoughts from an insignificant customer.

West Coast USA, staying close to home... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpmaster View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I had a couple of comments pertaining directly to it...

1. I saw mention that the Marauder was being "redesigned". That was quite a while ago, yet I've seen nothing of any new design for the Marauder. Maybe I was not looking in the right places?

2. I am not sure the discontinuation of these packs is having the desired outcome, at least where I am concerned. I am forgoing buying new packs from Kifaru and am instead seeking out a used Marauder (need a less conspicuous color these days for traveling)...I'll probably also buy a used X-Ray just to save some $$$...

Anyway, just some unimportant thoughts from an insignificant customer.
    Are you sure the Xing won't meet your needs? Great as the Marauder was, Xing carries more and feels better to me.

Pretend I never asked the question as I back out the door slowly if you're all about that 8-column panel (for the late great Claymore Pouch) across the back.

I hear you on the color. I'm probably gonna be going for a Black Xing here shortly...
    __________________________________________________ _________
    No like, no buy. Because 'merica. And thanks for reducing our wait time.

Quote Originally Posted by straps View Post
    Are you sure the Xing won't meet your needs? Great as the Marauder was, Xing carries more and feels better to me.

Pretend I never asked the question as I back out the door slowly if you're all about that 8-column panel (for the late great Claymore Pouch) across the back.

I hear you on the color. I'm probably gonna be going for a Black Xing here shortly...
    Well, I did consider the Xing as it seemed to be the only logical replacement for the Marauder...but it is quite a bit larger...which is cool if you need the extra space. I guess the reason I prefer the Marauder is because due to its slightly smaller size, it could stow under the seat in commercial aircraft...but I could also add pockets to increase the capacity when needed...

And I guess I do like that wide area of PALS/MOLLE webbing on the Marauder for that reason...you're right about that... (Darn it...I was going to get a claymore pocket too...guess I will have to try to find a used one somewhere...eventually...)

I appreciate your thoughts...I wish I could convince myself to go for the Xing, but as big as it is I will fill it up to the point where it is difficult to carry...the Marauder forces me to be judicious in what I choose to bring with me to the field, while traveling, etc...

West Coast USA, staying close to home... for now.

I just did a couple hops on those dastardly Canadair regional jets. Outbound, I had to gate check my Xing. In preparation for inbound travel, I stripped the pockets off the sides and front and it actually fit in the overhead (crosswise). Those (quickly removable) Belt Pouch pockets just became the best idea ever.

Aircraft built for grown-up travel in the modern era take a 95%-loaded Xing fine, just fine.

If you can fit a Marauder--even stripped--in underseat, I'm impressed. My "Personal Item" (in addition to my "Carry-on") is an E&E. Sits in the underseat (in compliance with FAA regulations) for takeoff and landing, sits behind my legs in flight (flight attendants don't notice it), allowing me to use the underseat for leg room.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    No like, no buy. Because 'merica. And thanks for reducing our wait time.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpmaster View Post

Someone spotted a marauder replacement pack of Kifarus Facebook page recently. Looks like a Xing panel opening with slot pockets on the side.
    Coyote pack on the front/left on table:
    Last edited by Kifaru1234; 07-03-2015 at 04:53 PM.

So of course I have to ask, When is it coming out, and does it come in multicam (ahm...OCP)?

Interesting thread. Looking at the current lineups it seems the tactical line is being reduced/partially phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kifaru1234 View Post
    Someone spotted a marauder replacement pack of Kifarus Facebook page recently. Looks like a Xing panel opening with slot pockets on the side.
    Coyote pack on the front/left on table:
    Any chance anyone saved that pic?

Quote Originally Posted by TFP View Post
    Any chance anyone saved that pic?
    That post is from 2015. Was probably a 22 Mag or Tarryall.