Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Discontinue List

Default Re: Discontinue List

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Only speaking for myself here but I have an EMR and didn't get around to buying a XTL lid for it. I have the money for one now but can't buy one because it's been discontinued so it's a bummer that my ruck is no longer being supported.
    The XTL isn't discontinued. Please see the attached link. Its available in all colors. http://store.kifaru.net/hunting-top-lids-p35.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    I find this abrupt lack of support to be very disturbing and disappointing. It's not what I would have expected of Kifaru.
    haha what?! Your disturbed and disappointed?

Ya'll need to relax. Companies stop making gear all the time. It's not the end of the world. And, as it turns, out the XTL isn't discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by 74 or more View Post

Ya'll need to relax. Companies stop making gear all the time. It's not the end of the world. And, as it turns, out the XTL isn't discontinued.
    If you count the Molle express and urban Molle express as the same bag 8 bags have been discontinued recently.2 of those are being redesigned and 4 new ones are being released.so we're losing 2 bags.this does not include the emr,zxr or mmr which would bring us to 11 bags discontinued.

This does seem like something that you should be disturbed/disappointed by.

I would have got around to buying a loco,zxr and pointman but that's not happening now.I already pulled all the money I could to order a marauder.

I hope there new bags are great but I don't think I'll like them as much as the ones I mentioned.

Prove me wrong Kifaru lol

Edit the hunting xtl may not be discontinued but the tactical xtl seems to be discontinued.
    Last edited by darksouls; 09-10-2014 at 03:12 PM.

rhunter424 Guest

Since Kifaru still hasn't deleted my account yet, I'll say this: too bad the loco was discontinued cause it is one of the most versatile omni packs Kifaru has ever offered.

Patrick has always maintained that product development at Kifaru would be progressive, but it would not result in the obsolescence of the older gear.

When you discontinue just about all of the Tactical packs that have detachable lids, and then you make those lids unavailable, not to mention eliminating most of the pouches that utilize MOLLE attachments...yeah, I find that disturbing.

And BTW, the devil's in the details - as darksouls pointed out, the XTL lid that you state is still available is a Hunting lid, not a Tactical one. Maybe you don't care, but some might.
    Last edited by Gasman; 09-10-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhunter424 View Post
    Since Kifaru still hasn't deleted my account yet, I'll say this: too bad the loco was discontinued cause it is one of the most versatile omni packs Kifaru has ever offered.
    Could that be why it's no longer around? I've been told that it was due to poor sales, but the Loco hasn't been out all that long...

rhunter424 Guest

Could that be why it's no longer around? I've been told that it was due to poor sales, but the Loco hasn't been out all that long...
    LOL most versatile ruck...NUKE IT! No idea, but those slot pockets are sweet. I'd say the loco can go from about 1500 ci to 3500 ci without any extra pockets. More packs need those slot pockets built in, like the zulu, express/mollex, marauder, scout.

Patrick has always maintained that product development at Kifaru would be progressive, but it would not result in the obsolescence of the older gear.

When you discontinue just about all of the Tactical packs that have detachable lids, and then you make those lids unavailable, not to mention eliminating most of the pouches that utilize MOLLE attachments...yeah, I find that disturbing.

And BTW, the devil's in the details - as darksouls pointed out, the XTL lid that you state is still available is a Hunting lid, not a Tactical one. Maybe you don't care, but some might.

You guys don't know your never going to get these packs again (unless I missed that somewhere). From my understanding they're discontinuing the current versions of these packs. They might come out with a new tac XTL or Express that has been updated.

Just seems like a lot of panic when we don't know what's coming in 2015. I don't mean to be insulting but saying your disturbed about a piece of gear disappearing seems silly.

You guys don't know your never going to get these packs again (unless I missed that somewhere). From my understanding they're discontinuing the current versions of these packs. They might come out with a new tac XTL or Express that has been updated.

Just seems like a lot of panic when we don't know what's coming in 2015. I don't mean to be insulting but saying your disturbed about a piece of gear disappearing seems silly.
    the only packs being redesigned are the marauder and the molle express.The rest are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Kifaru View Post
    The XTL isn't discontinued. Please see the attached link. Its available in all colors. http://store.kifaru.net/hunting-top-lids-p35.aspx
    The "Tactical" XTL has gone away and the only version listed is a Hunting XTL

This the version that most are not familiar with.

I, for one, only think of the old school Tactical XTL when someone mentions a Kifaru XTL. I bought an XTL not knowing that the Hunting version existed. It was nothing like the only XTL I had ever seen pics of.

HERE'S THE THREAD

Maybe all that needs to be done is to just call it an XTL and put information for it in both the HUNTING and TACTICAL areas of the website.
    Last edited by DVLSBRGD; 09-11-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Can't spell
    John

"You can't teach stupid" JRH 2009