Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinue List

Default Re: Discontinue List

1000d organizer?
    Skinny-minis?

Really?

1000d organizers have to be movers??? I really hope switching to 500d isn't a global plan...
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 12-05-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    Brains not Bans
    Support community dog safety through education not discrimination.

Mel, concerning the hybrid long pockets; is the discontinuation just in the 1000D? It's looking like the 500D is more favoured than one would've thought if this is so.

1000d Organizer going away - Hopefully the 500d Organizer will have the option to use with malice clips.

Always thought the radio pouch would be one of those to get pruned, although I personally have gotten a lot of mileage out of mine and would never part with it.

Still. The 1000D organizer? The Stash-It? Two surprises there. I do also hope the 500D will inherit the PALS webbing for a more secure mount.

Quote Originally Posted by porcupinemtns66 View Post
    1000d Organizer going away - Hopefully the 500d Organizer will have the option to use with malice clips.
    I'd really like to know the answer to that. I want my main bag to be 1000d, but I don't mind if a pouch like the Organizer is 500d provided that it attaches with Malice clips.

I'm also curious if there is something coming to replace the Stash-It. It seems like it or some equivalent would be a pretty essential offering.

Hey guys,

If the item comes up on the cart, then it is still available to order. If a color or style does not come up, then it is no longer available. There have never been hybrid long pockets in 500d. Also, the 1000d Dock n Lock Side Zip Long Pockets will remain. They were the very first pockets offered in the Tactical line which began in 2002.

Mel

I'm getting more and more upset about the Koala going away. I just don't have the scratch to get anything more than the organizer. No plans to get rid of the Lite anytime soon are there?
    Last edited by 74 or more; 12-05-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by straps View Post
    Koala Claymore is (was?) a great bag for concealed carry of something like the HK Mk 23 or a Magnum Research product. Or both. And 10 magazines. For each. And a set of $100 bill engraving plates. EOTW, yessiree...

Freakishly overbuilt piece, truly the V10 Viper of the Kifaru line. I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering one in Multicam. Or Black. Or both...
    I sat here for over an hour with a Koala in my cart trying to decide how many nights I wanted to sleep outside in my new megatarp. It finally got removed, until the 20th of this month when my sick leave sell back hits the bank account. When I have a better grip on the finances I will get one if they are still available... Other wise the Koala Lite will be in my future.

I did grab one of each of the disappearing lock and loads. The wife has a sewing machine sitting here that really doesn't get used, and I intend to use my new lock and load collection as patterns when I learn how to sew. Since they will be going inside my Marauder I really don't care what they will look like, and the need for strength is less.

pat

rhunter424 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pat K View Post
    I sat here for over an hour with a Koala in my cart trying to decide how many nights I wanted to sleep outside in my new megatarp. It finally got removed, until the 20th of this month when my sick leave sell back hits the bank account. When I have a better grip on the finances I will get one if they are still available... Other wise the Koala Lite will be in my future.

I did grab one of each of the disappearing lock and loads. The wife has a sewing machine sitting here that really doesn't get used, and I intend to use my new lock and load collection as patterns when I learn how to sew. Since they will be going inside my Marauder I really don't care what they will look like, and the need for strength is less.

pat
    Hopefully you want a black, multicam or highlander koala since that's all that's left. But hey, I've heard the megatarp is plenty of room for one person

Like I said, the koala lite is nice, but even with the 2" pocket on the front there ain't no way you're stuffing it full like the koala can.

Luckily the L&L #11 is sticking around, despite it being introduced primarily as a koala pocket (since is just so happens to work well with a LOT of other packs).

Yeah, tried to pick up some Skinnies in FG, but they were not to be had. Considering a cargo chair and boot bag, but it's for a pack I've been considering, and as I'm trying to justify the purchase, I'm realizing why they are being discontinued. They are brilliant designs, but you just have to sit back and say, "Do I need this enough to justify the cost?"