Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Discontinue List - Page 16
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinue List

Default Re: Discontinue List

Thank You Pat K.

We are all like children, tell us what we can't have...and that's what we want.

I guess it's true:

The difference between men and boys, is the size of the toys.

Quote Originally Posted by toa View Post
    Thank You Pat K.

We are all like children, tell us what we can't have...and that's what we want.

I guess it's true:

The difference between men and boys, is the size of the toys.

Don't forget the size of the paycheck or allowance either.

I wish i had found kifaru a few years ago,i would have liked a zxr.
    it seems like i missed or am going to miss the bags i would have liked to buy the most,I feel like the ones i want aren't safe
    Does anyone know if the navigator,zulu,pointman,loco,marauder or mid long pockets are being discontinued or redesigned?Theres only a couple of colors for the bags and no mid longs available.
    I read that the zulu,pointman and marauder arent being discontinued "at this time" or something like that but someone said they called were told the zulu and pointman were discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by darksouls View Post
    I wish i had found kifaru a few years ago,i would have liked a zxr.
    The 24in stay Legacy Late Season or the Hill People Gear Ute both are far better packs than the ZXR, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by XMP View Post
    I don't think I'd call it weakening the brand, but I do think that its always dangerous to stop producing something that you used to produce. If even a few customers go elsewhere they erode your customer base, so you have to cut a few more items, which sends a few more customers elsewhere, which ... etc. Its called the death spiral in a business. Its better to never offer something than to offer it and then quit.

My personal concern is that I think of Kifaru as a well thought out system. I can configure a pack to fit my needs exactly as I want. If some of the most ingenius and flexible aspects of the system disappear, the whole system is compromised. I regard the Stash-It and the Organizer as two elements of that system.
    i am not saying that kifaru is using the new business model but other gear companies (tom bihn and triple aught design to name 2) seem to have adopted a hipster form of marketing...you create a buzz around your brand...you use the internet and social media to promote the buzz...you have an initial run of product in colors and/or styles that create more demand....you suddenly have trouble sourcing that color or material...you create anticipation by introducing another color or material in the interim...a few months later your original color or material reappears and those who missed out on the first run jump headlong into the second because they remember how hard it was to get it the first time...at the same time you have the interim colors and materials that may or may not become scarce the way the originals did...if there is enough demand for them they will suddenly have a problem sourcing those as well so people who love the replacement colors will come back when the stuff is back in stock...just my humble opinion...

Tom Bihn hipster? Really? I think we need to define hipster. A real hipster wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything you've even heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Doode View Post
    Tom Bihn hipster? Really? I think we need to define hipster. A real hipster wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything you've even heard of.
    hipsters are not limited to one location or one group...anyone can be a hipster or millenial since it is more about their approach to life vs. an actual philosophy of life...go check the forum at tom bihn...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat K View Post
    Done...

Check here, vote, and post if you are looking for more than one per color.

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=36434

pat
    Update. Ordering instructions on page 8.

This isn't done yet, but it is closer.

pat

Any updates on products being discontinued?
    Thanks, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by straps View Post
    Wow. Marauder huh? I'll await confirmation. I guess the mainstay assault packs will be the X-Ray and Xing. Someone needs to develop low-profile-ish 5-column-wide pockets for those bags. Hmm...

Cargo Hangers are 8x8x5. fit the sides of the Xing perfectly