Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I have a bone to pick with Kifaru

Default Re: I have a bone to pick with Kifaru

Quote Originally Posted by dotman2 View Post
    Seems like a few just want something to complain about. It probably took more effort to post over and over then it would just to call in and talk to someone.

Sounds to me like Aron has offered up a few great options all of which I see hardly a response has been made directly to. They will notify us in the future of changes and looks like we'll get a preview of 2014 changes much sooner then normal. They will hold/set aside OD items which seem to be plentiful (i bet if a call was made earlier this would of been offered, heck they used to do a layaway plan).

Things change and usually for the better, I was able to get a few buddies to jump on K gear because of the discounts on OD.

I hardly post on the forum but common guys there are options.

This reminds me of all the complaining when the ku line was discontinued, Kifaru is a business and if they followed some paths they will not last, like all businesses they have to do what is right for them which sometimes will effect a few of us. I'd rather see them grow and thrive/innovate then become stagnant or just flatline.
    Thank you so much for your contribution to this thread. You're missing the point, it's threads like these that let kifaru know how we feel. You're correct that this post was responded to by Kifaru (Aron) but what you seemed to miss is that those offers might not have been made had it not been for this thread. Yes, Kifaru is great because of their response to this kind of customer feedback, but for you to say that we're complaining for complaining's sake, I say to you, you're wrong.
    Last edited by Niblick; 11-26-2013 at 11:02 PM.

"....go eat a dick."

Hardly an appropriate response. I think you should stop.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    "....go eat a dick."

You're right...I'm still juggling military vs. civilian life. But the point remains.

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    "....go eat a dick."

+1 . I totally agree. It should be obvious that such comments add nothing to the discussion. The high quality of the people who make up Kifaru has always been reflected in the tone and manner in which this forum has been conducted. There's no shortage of other forums available where such comments are acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Niblick View Post
    Thank you so much for your contribution to this thread. You're missing the point, it's threads like these that let kifaru know how we feel. You're correct that this post was responded to by Kifaru (Aron) but what you seemed to miss is that those offers might not have been made had it not been for this thread. Yes, Kifaru is great because of their response to this kind of customer feedback, but for you to say that we're complaining for complaining's sake, I say to you, you're wrong.
    My line is always open (most know this). So anyone, at anytime can let us/me know what they need and we'll do our best to work with you.

I believe everything has been covered in this thread, so we can probably let it go now.

On another note, if you can't keep from name calling, we will be forced to ban you from the forum.....so please be polite to others!

OD is an all time classic! I could understand if it was a patented color but I can hardly see how a couple yards of material on hand can raise the overhead. Labor is your #1 expense not the material the labor grabs to fabricate the product.

I was upset about the Omni-yoke way back. Was told in a thread that they would be starting a run of them soon after stopping production to catch up on the Hunting Line. When I bumped the thread for an update, the reply was that they dropped it from the line. ?

As for discontinuing colors, if you don't wish the buy colors that don't sell, how about allow us to send you the fabric, like was done in the past?

Kifaru has been great to me, fixing a buckle broken when slammed in a vehicle door for free and doing a TON of work to alter a scout so it fit my 5' 100 pound wife. But I think some more notice of things like discontinuing colors would be appreciated. I grit my teeth when something happens like I buy something and then a week later there is some update to the product or line. Kifaru has always been kind of weirdly mysterious about this stuff.

I hate to see OD green go, but bidness is bidness and I am sure it's not selling

edit the omni yoke is toast? I never used mine anyways. There was something else I bought years ago that was discontinued, I have so much of this stuff now I can't remember it. Oh! There was a tailgunner that was just a molle grid, no pack. Seemed cool but I never used that much either. I guess that's the tough part, Kifaru comes up with what appears to be cool stuff but then it never catches on.
    Last edited by Aimless; 11-30-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron Snyder View Post
    I just looked through inventory, and we have A LOT of OD left in stock.

Not sure what you guys are/were looking for that we don't have?

Let me know if you have any questions.
    To me this is like when they tried to change Coke to "new Coke". Maybe I never drink all that much Coca-Cola but didn't want anyone messing with it just the same. Darn shame about OD. I prefer MC but it was always reassuring that I could get OD if I decided on a new pack in the future. I am actually looking for a new pack sometime down the road. The lack of OD won't stop me from buying a Kifaru but not having my default color in the future is an old school downer.

Just how I see things.

Kevin.
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 11-30-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    WARNING DO NOT TOUCH HOT STOVE
    -----SEVERE BURNS MAY RESULT------