Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Daddy-Daughter Time in the Canyons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daddy-Daughter Time in the Canyons

Default Daddy-Daughter Time in the Canyons

Those of you who are my Facebook "friends" have seen this already. For the rest of you, I just want to share a few very special photos from one of my recent days out with one of our daughters in the canyons. Libby is our youngest, and she occupies a special place in my heart. She's a non-stop talker, never has a bad day, and she just loves to take a tenkara rod out after brown trout and brookies. I could listen to her talk all day, and I have on many, many days and nights. On this particular day I remember hearing her little voice echo across this deep canyon, talking to me about all sorts of girlie things. Things that had little to do with hiking or fly fishing, but had everything to do with being with Dad. She and I like to hike into the canyons a little ways, catch lots of trout, keep a couple, and spend the early evening cooking up some macaroni and cheese and fresh fish on a fire. These are the best of times.

"Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

Default Re: Daddy-Daughter Time in the Canyons

Saw,
    Best of times for sure! Stuff she'll remember for years to come. You are smack-dab in the middle of creating a wonderful outdoors person. Good job DAD!
    William Clunie ~
    Some men go to church on Sundays and wish they were fishing ... I go fishing and talk to God.
    Anonymous

You are a lucky man, Paul. Your daughter reminds me of my niece at that age - Deanne is now in her '40s, the time goes by too fast.

Boy she doesnt look like you or nothing..... does she. haha cool pics thanks for sharing

Excellent!!!!!!
    Pathfinder

Stealth is the most important aspect... Fire Superiority helps alittle too.

Quote Originally Posted by shtfco View Post
    Boy she doesnt look like you or nothing..... does she. haha cool pics thanks for sharing
    No kidding... LOL!!! Is she the milk man's kid?

Seriously, you are fortunate to have such special times!!!
    Pathfinder

Stealth is the most important aspect... Fire Superiority helps alittle too.

What a great thing to be able to do! My girls are now older and spread out across the country and I miss them but maybe not quite as much as I miss those little girl times when jobs, school, boyfriends etc didn't get in the way. You are blessed, enjoy it as much as you can.

Good times for sure.

Who knows if love of the outdoors is nature or nurture, but you've got both covered! Way to go, and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    No kidding... LOL!!! Is she the milk man's kid?

Seriously, you are fortunate to have such special times!!!
    Actually, she looks very much like her mother, which is a good thing! We have a running joke in the family that all of our daughters look like Marty, our UPS delivery man for the past 16 years.

Our oldest is now nearly 15 and a freshman in high school, and our middle daughter is now 12, going on 13. They are both VERY busy with school, sports, etc., but still have figured out how to have time for family. I am SO thankful for that. The oldest is now my student in high school in JROTC, and she's a junior varsity shooter on the marksmanship team I coach. Tomorrow is her first Class A uniform inspection, and I couldn't be prouder of her. Mainly because she's realized that the "cool factor" is mostly bull****, and that it's OK to be proud of her country and what her uniform represents. It's pretty cool watching your kids become young adults, but sad at the same time because you can't stop the clock at those moments that you want to last forever.
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com