Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All-time favorite smith designs?

Default Re: All-time favorite smith designs?

I need to add a new love, my HC 4800. The best bag I've ever had. It has replaced my KU series and I haven't looked back.

No where near it...Thx brother
    Wayne

Until not-too-long ago, I would have said my Longhunter. i am not sure which "Generation" it belonged (it came with reversible orange/camo fleece panels, which I never used) After humping aluminum tubing rucks, being able to carry heavy loads without pain was a blessing beyond compare. Now after two seasons with the Nomad, I think I am changing my mind, at least for hunting. I will probably keep the Longhunter for fishing and general backpacking, though. Anyone want the fleece panels and the Cargo Shelf/Chair? i still have them in the garage.

#1- Kifaru Stove/Shelter Design.
    #2 Kifaru Spike Camp.
    #3 Frames for hauling heavy $tuff. Love it.

I've had my MS daypack for over 25 years, and it still works great.

that lead me to the tailgunner1, which I've been running for almost 10 years now, would love to have an updated version of this available. Served me well is the bush, fishing, in town, and even got me through two kids and all their stuff when they were young. I'd buy another now if they were available. Will probably end up copying and improving it since it's not likely to come back...

then theres's the E&E, another hugely effective pack... I don't hunt or fish for days at a time anymore, so it's great for a long day or overnight. Handy as a bailout bag too.

those are my top three, I also have an old MS bugaboo, great for long weekends. Then there's my old MS delta elite, getting to old to load that up, but talk about a great pack...

i have yet yet to wear out any of them, the original MS are showing the age, but the tg1 & e&e, are bombproof, they'll outlast me... wish those lines weren't going away,. I'd love to see the scout and tg be updated. After using them for so long I have a lot of ideas to tweak them a little and really make them rock these days.
    "At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that 'news' is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different--in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness." - Robert Heinlein

It's a tough call but i'm a big fan of my Marauder. It's perfect for hauling my camera equipment around.

#2 would have to be my first Kifaru bag; my GEN 1 MOLLEX. Got it back in '07 and took it on three separate trips to Iraq. It's no worse for the wear and still my first choice when i'm going to be hiking around in the mountains.

Marauder. I never should have sold it.

Kifaru doesn't make them like that, anymore...

In no particular order:

The gunbearer. No better way to carry a rifle long distances, even a heavy one.
    The heated tipis. Optimized winter comfort.
    The late season. The daypack big enough to carry everything in the winter to keep you warm, and pack out a bone-in elk quarter on the way back.
    The Spike Camp. The little pack that can. Mine's had a bone-in elk hind quarter, plus 30 lbs of gear on it before. 19 years old and good as new.
    And the latest: Mountain Warrior on a tactical frame. The frame design will hold more weight than I could ever pack. I liked my Longhunter, I love this pack.
    Last edited by Kmassaro; 07-17-2017 at 07:09 AM.