Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All-time favorite smith designs?

Default Re: All-time favorite smith designs?

I'm new to Kifaru gear, but my favorite designs so far are:

1. Scout w/ padded PALS belt
    2. 24 - inch Duplex Frame

MS Tour lumbar pack, 16 years old and has been with me everywhere. Love the big yellow zipper pulls!

My top three favorite simith designs

1) Sawtooth tipi with stove.

2) Packlock vest with sleeve. I am so glad i have it.

3) KU 5200 pack (I will never sell it). Can i say biniki frame also my favorite. Now i can use any type of Kifaru bag in one frame.

Long time no hear from Mr. Patrick. Really hope Mr. Patrick come here say hi and share his valuable experiences to us.

Hello men, I think wolfmen has a point: I have been a recluse on my own message board. And I am sorry about that. I suppose I've been letting you folks have the floor so to speak...not wishing to hog the site. That, plus a tendency to shyness.

I've heard from other fellows wishing I would weigh back in as well. And so I will. And thanks for asking!

I am honored beyond measure when I read about your "favorites" of my designs across the years. Makes me think perhaps I've done something worthwhile over a pretty long career. Thanks ever so much.

Hello Mr. Patrick, please do not say sorry. We are here just like old friends. Talk sometimes, meet sometimes.

All your experiences and designs bring me to new level and new perspective to the nature. Thank you!

Looking forward your share again.

Wolfmen
    Last edited by wolfmen; 01-24-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hello men, I think wolfmen has a point: I have been a recluse on my own message board. And I am sorry about that. I suppose I've been letting you folks have the floor so to speak...not wishing to hog the site. That, plus a tendency to shyness.

I've heard from other fellows wishing I would weigh back in as well. And so I will. And thanks for asking!

I am honored beyond measure when I read about your "favorites" of my designs across the years. Makes me think perhaps I've done something worthwhile over a pretty long career. Thanks ever so much.

Yes, you have Patrick, really like K gear.

Here is a shout out for the Urban Zippy and another vote for the KU line. It was a love/hate with my Zippy initially until I adjusted it to my use. I just love all of the pockets and I always have this bag ready to grab and go.

The KU was one of the most comfortable packs I ever owned. Although I ended up selling the pack to a Kifaru Forum family member (due to lack of use), I have yet to find an equal to this pack. I understand why the line was discontinued, but I appreciate all of the design, testing and hard work that went into this system.

Ichaves, I confess to being the designer of the KU line, but not the Urban Zippy. As I recall Mel Terkla instigated the Zippy, and then Janice Jensen steered it into the Urban Zippy format.

The list of my favorite designs is very long. But my top three are:

Duplex frame
    KU 5200
    Tipis

Patrick- you are an amazing designer and a great outdoorsman. Always enjoy when you speak or type!!
    The woods are calling and I must go

Fairly new to the Kifaru lineup but have had a great time getting my hands on a good bulk of it to try and test out.

For me the Sawtooth and MMR are my favorites. And of course the good ol 24 man Tipi every year at the Rondy =-)