Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Knives - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knives

Default Re: Knives

I love and have predator military knives
    Do you have such a pair ?
    [url=http://www.aaatourism.com.au/accommodation/info/byron-quarter-holiday-apartments/]Holiday Apartments Byron Bay[/url]

A sound Idea always brings change.

I just ordered a Bushcraft Tactical 4.75 inch blade from Martin Knives. I can't wait to try it out! I will do a small review in four months or so when I get it.

These days my general knife that I tend to carry is my home made version of the DeWeese pattern knife. The DeWeese pattern isn't well known. Dall DeWeese apparently came up with it as an ultralight hunter's knife and, I am supposing, he likely made/modded his out of a Green River or Old Hickory knife blank just like I did.

I used a POS Ryobi 6" bench grinder on a Green River butcher knife blank and hand jigged the black paper micarta scales that I glued on it. The knife only weighs 3.7 oz (about as much as a SAK) and I either wear it around my neck or just stick it in a pocket using a folded kydex sheath.

Last edited by bankay; 07-16-2013 at 02:30 PM.

For hunting purposes, I used Gerbers for years. Then bought an S30 Ingram which is quite nice and I like it a lot. If I had to do it over though, I'd go with a cutco. Buddy has one and I watched it in action last fall on a deer. Just an amazingly sharp knife at a great price.

http://www.cutco.com/products/produc...itemGroup=5718

EDC-Emerson Super Commander or Benchmade Auto Stryker. I've put down multiple wild pigs with the Benchmade SRK & Gerber LMF, the SRK has since grown legs and walked off... My new skinning go to is a Havalon Piranta Edge, its still stupid sharp after cleaning 2 deer and I have 12 more spare blades for it!

Anyone had a nitrobie 77 blade? Heard it as good as a m390 blade.

EDC-Spyderco

Fixed-ESEE and BHK

I rotate between my Spyderco Delica4 and Endura4 for EDC. My Delica4 being a 2.87 inch blade, saber ground, VG-10 steel, and the Endura4 being a 3.75 inch blade, full flat ground, VG-10.

For camping, and hunting, I use my Bob Dozier Buffalo River Hunter. It's a fixed blade that measures 3.75 inches with D2 steel. I plan on replacing this knife with a tougher, more corrosion resistant steel (such as VG-10).

For fishing, I do not currently have a dedicated fishing blade, although, if I do purchase one (highly likely ), it would probably be a filleting knife intended for this role.

As for sharpening my blades, I currently use the Lansky knife sharpening system (standard model). It comes with 3 stones, 120 grit (coarse) 280 grit (medium) and 600 grit (fine). I strop my knives with a very fine micron grit paste afterwards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pocket Lint; 08-12-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Added pic

Judging by the impressive list so far, I have no style.

EDC is a Cold Steel Recon Tanto.

Soon I'll get the old style Victorinox Hunter and a Morakniv for camping duty.

I also have a Light My Fire Titanium Spork. What?!!! Its got a cutting edge you know!

I see a Gerber LMF II in my near future, possibly the FG IR edition.

In addition to my earlier post I'd like to call attention to a superb knife maker operating out of Canada. Mr. Sean O'Hare's work is superb! I've recently started talking to him about a custom Sojourner and he is completely willing to work out all the minute details with a customer. Check him out!

https://www.facebook.com/OHareKnives
    FB

http://www.ohareknives.com/