Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru KU2200

Default Kifaru KU2200

Noticed its not on the site anymore, has it been discontinued?

Its the one smaller sized pack I would love to have with the 24" stays..

Default Re: Kifaru KU2200

I have a 3700 for sale.

Again, as several times in the past year this is getting disappointing. I'm once again lobbying for a place on the K website for items that are going to be discontinued. Let us have one last chance at something instead of it just mysteriously and unceremoniously disappearing. We've already had this happen with the KU Koala and the gun rain cover. The KU chair came and went without notice and I don't believe anybody got one. I know there's a big push for the Highcamp and while nice I see it as filling a different niche from the original KU series and it doesn't come in a small size. The KU series is the ultimate for both ultralight hunting and ultralight backpacking. I guess I better start saving for a KU3700 before it goes the way of the dodo. Its sad to see the series that Patrick said he had worked a lifetime to bring to fruition going away softly into the dark night.
    "Wild country has the power to remind civilized people that out there is a different world, older and greater and deeper by far than ours, a world which surrounds and sustains the little world of men." - Edward Abbey

Flexxx, PM sent.

Hope the KU2200 is not going away. I've really enjoyed my KU3700 for backpacking and backpack hunting. I've thought the 2200 would be a great pack for day trips into the backcountry.

I too hope it's just a "glitch" with the web site. My wife and I have been talking about getting a KU2200 for her.
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

surely someone who knows would respond to this thread?

The KU2200 was an ill-concieved notion from the start. There probably isn't another single pack on the market that weighs what a KU5200 weighs that has anywhere near its load carrying capacity while providing the carry comfort it does, and maybe one or two (with mods) in the class of the KU3700. 2200 cubes? There are a LOT of packs, good ones, US made, for a LOT less money.

If the KU2200 is really gone, I will feel little upset. But I porpaply will not buy it even it come again. In fact i love KU2200. When it launched , I would like to buy it to replace my express but the KU2200 's price and weight is quite close as KU3700. Why don't I buy KU3700 with better harness system?
    If someone feel upset about KU2200 gone, I think no one will more upset than Mr.Patrick because all of KU products are his treasure with many years experience. However, sometime we have compromised with reality. Supply and demand determine what stay and what gone.

But I agree with Vernon said. "Let us have one last chance at something instead of it just mysteriously and unceremoniously disappearing"
    At least let some have last change to get it.
    Last edited by wolfmen; 01-10-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Vernon, et al, that is an excellent suggestion. We will begin announcing, on the appropriate Forum, when we decide to stop making items. We ceased producing the KU 2200 because the number of sales didn't justify continuing. And yes, Wolfmen, I am sad. In any event, it did not occur to us here at the Shop that anyone would be particularly upset. So forgive our previous poor manners, as we try to "alert" you in future. Thanks very much men.