Thread: Pod size for woobie?

Question Pod size for woobie?

Hi.

I'm a Kifaru noob. It all started one day when my Labrador chewed a nasty hole in my man-cave quilt. Started surfing on the net for military surplus quilts,...then I came across the Woobie on Military Morons page... ended up buying a MC/CB woobie and I took delivery of it today! Not sure where the woobie has been all my life, but I wish I got one a long time ago. My fiance is growing attached, though, might have to get one for her.

Anyways, before I knew it, a couple weeks later, I ordered a Scout. I envision using the Scout during dayhikes and I bought a small KU-pod thinking I could strap the woobie on the bottom. Because I haven't taken delivery of the small pod yet, I'm now not sure if the woobie could fit in it. Anybody have experience fitting woobie in small pod? I'm reluctant to go up to medium pod because I want my Scout layout to be relatively streamlined. Also, I'm hoping that my legs won't be banging on the pod under the Scout when I walk.

Thanks,
    W00by

P.S. The corollary to this question is the Doobie...what size pod would fit a Doobie?

West Coast USA, staying close to home... for now.

Default Re: Pod size for woobie?

A Small Pod is do-able for the Woobie. Might take a Doobie, but that will be tight.

I usually run the Woobie and misc. "sleep-able" gear in a Medium Pod.

My experience has been to run a Small Pod atop the Scout, Medium Pod on the bottom.
    "Two to the Heart, One to the Mind"

WOOby,

I just stuffed a Doobie in a small Pod and it's good and snug, but fits no problem. Once you stuff it in, you will want to compress it down with your fist as you tighten up the drawstring on the Doobie stuff sack.

Mel

Thanks for the info Straps and Mel! Good tips. I'll keep the small pod for my woobie.