Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Western Movie?

Default Re: Favorite Western Movie?

Plus one for JJ!

Open Range, Unforgiven, & Jeremiah Johnson (always like mountain men movies too). And, the Duke in The Shootist!

Hey guys,

I was checking all the postings and I have seen every western listed so far except Cowboys and Aliens. I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Long Riders yet! I have that movie and have seen it many times. I especially liked how they used real brothers to play the brother parts. Patrick, glad to see you dive in here, and I already knew that would be your first choice.

Mel

I'm glad someone already mentioned most of my favorties and two of my all time ones, The Professional and The Magnificent Seven. The list is too long and my favorite is most likely to be the one I watched last! Love most anything by John Wayne. He was great in True Grit if you could get past Glen Campbell and the girl (the casting was way better in the new version and it is worth seeing). They just don't make many like they used to.
    Last edited by snakey2; 04-16-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Will Penny, Hombre, Silverado, Blood on the Moon, Left Handed Gun. Anyone who likes westerns and hasn't seen "Firefly" is in for a treat.

One of my favorites is Pale Rider.

Others have mentioned Fistful of Dollars, which I really like, though, I like any remake of Yojimbo (Django, Last Man Standing, Sukiyaki Western Django )
    MojoSlim

Unforgiven. Especially the last part before Eastwood exits the saloon. "If anyone shoots at me I'm gonna kill him, kill his family, burn your house down."

Lonesome Dove was a good one too. I'm too old now to watch it all in one sitting though.

3:10 to Yuma, both the orignal, but also the Russell Crowe remake.

Also another vote for Unforgiven.
    Last edited by Busto963; 04-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.

I'm young (ish) so most of mine are recent... but Josie Whales is in there, The Quick and the Dead, Open Range, for some reason I am a Wyatt Earp fan and like most of the Wyatt Earp tales that have been made. I would consider Jeremiah Johnson and Dances with Wolves in there too. True Grit (the new one, not fortunate enough to see the original)... this can turn into an extremely long list...

Gee, there are so many "favorites",,,,I guess whichever one I happen to be watching at the moment. I think each one has at least one "epic" scene that right away comes to mind when you think of the actor or movie title.
    There were some great "co-stars" in lots of those western movies. Ben Johnson comes to mind. He was a real cowboy. Champion bronc rider in the fifties as I recall.
    There could have been a separate thread for "weekly western shows". Who remembers "Paladin"(Richard Boone)? or "Wanted Dead or Alive"(Steve McQueen as Josh Randall)?