Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Accuracy: ?

Default Re: AR-15 Accuracy: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dill View Post
    I wish I could just locate THE gun and make a quick purchase. For some reason, that doesn't seem to be working out....probably because I haven't seen THE gun just yet, or no availability.
    I really encourage you not to get a rail unless you plan on spending more on covers or accessories. But hey, It is your choice!!

Here are acouple "HOT" sale links to what you are looking for!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_21/98..._for_Sale.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_21/97...k_AR__etc.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/21_AR...te_Rifles.html
    Pathfinder

Stealth is the most important aspect... Fire Superiority helps alittle too.

Sorry to hear an eight month wait! Pathfinder gave you some alternatives, good luck!

Pathfinder- I also belong to AR.com great site. I am still learning both the AR and the site, informational overload at times.

The AR is a simple platform. The trick is to not drink the "Kool-aid".
    Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    The AR is a simple platform. The trick is to not drink the "Kool-aid".
    Amen. The AR platform is a simple tool for a simple task. Drinkin koolaid with the ninjas can be bad for your health.

Common sense spoken about AR's?? What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by elmbow View Post
    Common sense spoken about AR's?? What's up with that?
    LMAO!! It is because some of us here might be/have been on AR15.com, but that few of us are/were "actual users", not just some "ricky-ticky-mall ninja-couch commando-gadget a$$hat" with nothing more to spend their money on than gas, condoms & someone to buy alcohol for them.
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 04-19-2012 at 06:35 AM.
    Pathfinder

They can be plenty accurate for 300 yard work, and you don't need a 20" barrel to do it either. I've got a 16" I built with a lightweight ER Shaw barrel that's roughly a 1 MOA gun and I've killed a LOT of yotes and ground hogs out to 350ish yards with it. That entire gun weighs roughly 7lbs with glass on top. I also have a RRA Coyote Carbine in 6.8 SPC that's way under a 1 MOA gun out of the box and is likely the most accurate gun I own. I do carry to yote hunt in places where noise doesn't matter (it's a loud SOB) and also carry when hunting whitetails up north in the Adirondacks.

If you wanted an inexpensive super accurate gun out of the box for real predator hunting (where you actually have to carry the gun and don't want it to weight 10+ lbs with glass) I'd recommend the RRA Coyote Carbine in your choice of .223 or 6.8 SPC. They can be picked up for roughly $1100 if you look around and have a 3/4 MOA accuracy warranty. Throw a Burris P.E.P.R mount on top with a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 and you are going to have a fantastic setup for what your looking to do.

A few other things to consider as well.......

I'd highly recommend a Hogue handguard for hunting. It's quieter and not freezing to the touch like a lot of the knurled/railed aluminum ones.

Right now, www.pkfirearms has a 16" complete Coyote Carbine in stock and can ship to your FFL. These guys are great, I've bought a lot of stuff from them and I've also built rifles for friends that had pieces from them. Click the following link and scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page to see it, I think they want $1099 for it including the RRA 2 stage trigger.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/Rock_River_Arms_Rifles/94/c

Matt...

Thank you sincerely for the no-bull advice and solid lead. Though I may someday own a more custom AR, the RRA gun is a definite contender to fill up the space between 'now' and 'then'. The Coyote Carbine looks very business-like!

KD