Thread: Intro

Hybrid View

Default Intro

Hey guys,

Welcome to the latest forum. We've never had a general discussion forum for subjects that are more general in nature and don't really fit into the other forums. I asked Maggie to add this blog for a spot where I can post up stories, photos, reviews, and just fun stuff. It's also a spot where I can interact on a more personal level with you guys, and I look forward to your input. It might be boring as hell to some of you, but I hope others will enjoy it. With that said, I'll start this off a funny story from about 27 years ago.

When this issue of Soldier of Fortune came out, I just had to chuckle at the cover. I actually had close friends that believed it was me on the cover, and I had fun with them for a few minutes before I told them they had been taken. Here's the cover I am talking about below.

Name:  SOF Cover.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  55.2 KB

Mel

Default Re: Intro

Interesting to see on the front something about Afghanistan. That place has been a festering hole for hundreds of years.

I musta subscribed to that rag for 20 years.

Being part of Biblical "Persia", I'd say it's safe to say that part of the world has been and will be involved in the "news" till the end of time.
    Critical thinking done in the absence of context and relevance can only produce something useful to someone with an overactive imagination.

Truth by assertion is the cornerstone of propaganda.

“Man is so avid for knowledge that everything he touches turns to facts; his faith becomes theology, his love becomes lechery, his wisdom becomes science. Pursuing meaning, he ignores truth.”

This could get interesting . . . . let the blogging begin!
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."