Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Colorado Rendezvous--Part One

Default 2012 Colorado Rendezvous--Part One

Hello there fellow Rendezvouers, it's time we announced the Grandaddy Kifaru Rendezvous--the Colorado version--for 2012. I'm thinking this will be the ninth year. Maybe tenth...there are better Rendezvous Historians out there than I.

As always the designated weekend is the one just prior to Memorial Day. I make that the weekend of May 19-20. And as always I personally will be up at the site the Wednesday before...mark that May 16. Join me if you like, more and more folks do. Or come on up on Thursday or Friday. etc.

If you've never attended the Colorado Rendezvous perhaps I can provide a sketch of the goings on. For the second year we'll be camping at the Timberline Site. This refers to the shooting range we dedicated last year in honor of departed Kifaru Message Board Pal Bill Krenz. The "new" location is less than a mile from the "old" location. Yes, there will be a lot of shooting at the Event. Guns or bows are welcome. The Range is self-policing; however newcomers are expected to follow the lead of the veteran unofficial range masters...you will know who they are.

Bring your own food and beverages. Beverages may certainly include alcohol but do be aware that they may NOT be imbibed if you are shooting. Most nights feature a fine variety of spirits--both liquid and of the fellowship sort. Food is traditionally a Big Deal, with much Game Recipes on the menu--which IS shared. The entire Rendezvous is usually a delightful Potluck.

The kifaru Shop sends as many Tipis and stoves as we can round up; there will usually be a representative of every size. Attendees are welcome to "claim" one as their lodging--first come first claim--but should accomodate their fellow Rendezvouers in the daytime by allowing them to "tour" the tipi so as to "size it up" for possible acquisition. Bring your own shelter to be on the safe side. Bring your own bedding, with expectations of freezing temperatures and snow many nights. Bring bug dope, just in case. Sunscreen. Haul your own water, there is NONE at the campsite. It is recommended that you bring your own porta-potty equipment and privacy screening. The new location is so spread out that it can be a long walk to find that pristine and private spot in the woods for taking care of business.

Default Re: 2012 Colorado Rendezvous--Part One

2012 Colorado Rendezvous--continued....

It seems I ran out of room on the initial Post...the system just wouldn't accept any more words form me. So we'll continue here.

Let's see, have I covered the main points? If not you Veterans jump in here.

In order to keep the location "ours" (and so that we can bring along enough official Rendezvous Hats for the Saturday night Ceremony) here's the proceedure for attending:

Email customerservice@kifaru.net and state your intention of attending and supply the following data: your name and address and phone number and the number of attendees in your party. Angie will send you a return email with instructions of how to get to the site and perhaps some what-to-bring items I haven't cited here. Car pooling can be arranged here on the Board and via PM's.

Let's Rendezvous Kifaruites!

Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick; 04-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.

I suppose I should say that in addition to shooting and eating there is also plenty of opportunity for hiking and exploring the area, which is frankly a ten on the Scenic Beauty scale. The elevation is crowding ten thousand feet. Catching up with each other, meeting new Rendezvouers, telling tall tales, inspecting new gear, and perhaps some howling at the moon is always included in the festivities.

Emails to customerservice@kifaru.net are bouncing back....

I gotta miss my first rondy this year. My boy's collitch grad-iation is that weekend in Kansas ....

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman22 View Post
    I gotta miss my first rondy this year. My boy's collitch grad-iation is that weekend in Kansas ....
    What?? You're jiving me man!!
    "Neither sport nor art should be unnecessarily cluttered and complicated."

Wow, the rendezvous without Huntsman22 is going to be like alcohol free beer. You'll be missed my friend. Congrats to your son.

Graduation in Kansas? K State in Manhattan?

Dang, Donnie! We're going to miss you!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com
    http://fishrigs.com/