Thread: Why do European boots often have EVent booties, but not US boots?

Default Why do European boots often have EVent booties, but not US boots?

Picked up some Kayland boots (Italian) on sale. Seem OK for about $100. They have EVent linings. Used them on a long hike. They seemed less clammy than boots with goretex linings. Was wondering why I haven't seen many other boots with EVent linings. Anyone know?

Default Re: Why do European boots often have EVent booties, but not US boots?

My Zamberlans, also Italian, are Gore-Tex, sadly. (They're perfect for my feet and my uses, and I love them, but they're still Gore-Tex.)

It seems like I read recently that Gore plays hardball with gear makers. If I remember where I read that, I'll post up. _Outside_?

My Dear friend "was" the Kayland rep for thw midwest. He loves Event boots, and swears by the breathability over goretex. My wife has Kayland boots and loves them.

Im stuck on Meindl boots which fit mt feet well, but, use goretex, and the do get a bit "stuffy" in humid climates like in the midwest; however, i was just in SW Colorado last week snowshoeing and my boots performed well against my wife's Kaylands.

That said Event does seem to breath better.....

Quote Originally Posted by David in OR View Post
    My Zamberlans, also Italian, are Gore-Tex, sadly. (They're perfect for my feet and my uses, and I love them, but they're still Gore-Tex.)

It seems like I read recently that Gore plays hardball with gear makers. If I remember where I read that, I'll post up. _Outside_?
    I had read that too, I think you're talking about this one: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

Yep, that was the article.