1. Do you run the bag slick or with extra pockets when hunting? If so, what pockets? KU long pockets, possibles or belt pouches?
2. Do you feel the need for the upgraded belt to carry heavier loads of meat?
3. Does your belt have power pulls?
1. It all depends! When hunting I typically have a bigger load, especially later in the fall. Those times I add side pockets and a medium pod, as shown in this photo from October 2010, the day before the season opener for first rifle season.
Other times, when I don't have as big a load, I run a slick pack. I left Patrick on his own to finish up the week hunting, so I had less to carry since I left the stove and a few items with him.
All other times I run a slick pack.
2. I have not felt a need to have any belt but the one that came with my pack. I've had as much weight in my 3700 as I could physically carry. Loads that you have to find a log, boulder, or other support to even get the pack up on your back. No problem.
3. I don't have power pull on my belt. My pack is an early prototype that I started testing before the production packs were offered for sale. Patrick and I have commented about how it's the first and lightest weight KU3700 ever made because it's missing a few things, i.e., power pull, cordura bottom, etc., as you can see in some of my photos.