Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trout opener.

Default Re: Trout opener.

Ken, Outstanding How far did you have to hump in the canoe,its about half what mine weighs? Seeing those jollyrancher eating guys catching some nice fish put a smile on face hear at work. take care Robbie

MT- We packed them all out...had some for dinner tonight, but no pics...sorry. It was delicious though.

Robbie- About 2 1/4 miles into that pond. No big hills so it's not too bad. That particular pond always goes off early and we like to hit it then for a number of reasons, one of them being it's a good first trip to get back into packin shape after the long winter.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities.” -Nessmuk

Ken, Thats still a good little walk with a canoe. I am guessing thats a park of some kind by the picnic tables unless you built or hauled them in yourself.

Nicely done Ken. Great pics of a great time.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    Failing to prepare is, generally speaking, preparing very well to do the wrong thing.
    Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide. - James Brunham
    Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

Me likey!!!

Robbie- That makeshift table was there. That pond is near a dedicated snowmachine trail, so I'd guess that someone drug in the wood that way. The last time I was at that spot it wasn't there (3-4 years ago). It was nice to have though. The only 'park' about that place is its in the Adirondack Park...lol..

Allen- We all agreed that that was one of the most fun trips we've had despite it only being an overnighter. We are all pretty dissapointed that we still aren't in there soaking it up...3-4 days of that kinda roughing it would be great.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities.” -Nessmuk

Very nice, Ken... Looks like you all did very well for the season opener!
    Here in the fiefdom of Washington, the lords of the manor only let us fish most waters June 1 thru October 31. Two more months until our favorites spots open up. Thanks for allowing us WA folks to enjoy your trip vicariously!

That trip will be life long memories for those kids, great time!

This thread has given me the itch to get out!

What an excellent looking trip. Nice fish, too. Times like that will be cherished/remembered forever. Just finished rabbit season here. I'll get a few days of fishing in before turkey season starts at the end of the month.

So many selections and so little time...

William Clunie ~
    Some men go to church on Sundays and wish they were fishing ... I go fishing and talk to God.
    Anonymous