Thread: Kifaru Pack Design Question

Default Kifaru Pack Design Question

Hey all,

Not sure this is the correct place to post this, so I apologize if it is not.

So my question is has anyone at Kifaru ever considered producing a bag smaller/slimmer than the XRay, but bigger than the E&E (and more of a backpack than a pocket)?

The reason I ask is purely selfish. I previously owned a TAD Litespeed (http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Wom...Pack-Litespeed) and liked most of the features of the pack, particularly enjoying the size (height, width), narrow profile of the pack and the modularity the beavertail afforded. Also, the slim comfortable shoulder straps remind me much of the XRay straps on my E&E. However, I did not care for the internal organization, or the arrangement of the top buckles. While searching for a suitable replacement (currently using a G2 E&E w/ XRay straps) I have been unable to find a pack that replicated the best parts of the Litespeed (other than the original), so I thought I would ask here if Kifaru had ever considered making a pack in this in-between size in a narrow profile. Big enough for light hikes, but small enough to essentially disappear on the back.

If I'm way off base, or have over-looked an obvious solution, please don't be shy to tell me so.

Thanks,
    Dan

Default Re: Kifaru Pack Design Question

Dan:

I remember a thread a few years back asking about a taller E&E, and I think Mel commented that Kifaru had no plans to make such a pack. I was not able to find that thread, unfortunately. I think the problem with Kifaru is that their idea list far overshadows their resource list, and they have to be very selective about new products.

Regards,
    Scott

Thanks Scott for the reply. That makes sense, especially considering their popularity and that everything is handmade. I guess the search continues....

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=20935

I agree with what your saying Del, the litespeed is a good little pack for day hikes.....I do prefer my Mollex over it anyday for even the simplest day hike.

Now if I was gonna go smaller I would go with the Kifaru Scout.

https://kifaru.net/scout.html

Thank you for the link.

How about the Express or MOLLE Express? It's a very svelte pack with a lot of features and one can actually use a waist belt with it. It's about the same price as the Litespeed too.

Take care
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."