Thread: Woobie Express Live!!!

Default Woobie Express Live!!!

Name:  WoX22.jpg
Views: 2076
Size:  135.2 KBName:  WoX33.jpg
Views: 2768
Size:  49.0 KB

Hey guys,

Our new Woobie Express is a 21st century poncho design that fills the void between a poncho liner and a parka. Unlike a poncho liner, you can throw it on for hands free warmth, and unlike a parka, you do not need to take off your armor/2nd line gear to put it on. After a long hump on the battlefield or in the hunting world, and for that needed warmth in a static situation, you can just rip the Woobie Express out of your pack and be good to go. The head opening is large enough to slip over any helmet, and the collar is high enough to go above the nose and ears when needed. There is an internal drawstring at the bottom front , and a cinch strap that wraps around in front of you from the rear, along with Velcro strips up the sides. Pull your arms inside to create a mitten effect for maximum warmth. These features allow you to control the fit and temperature. It all rolls up into it's own sewn on stuff pocket that can be used for snivel gear when the Woobie Express is deployed. We believe there is as lot of function and versatility here for only 16 oz.. Check out the photos, specs, and video in the link below to the web page. It is live and ready to order.

We have been working on this for awhile now and feel we have that middle ground covered between other offerings out there that are either too minimalist or too bulky. This was primarily designed for military use where a guy could pull it out of his ruck and throw it on over his armor/2nd line gear without having to take any of his gear off. As we got into the prototype and testing mode, we realized that the Woobie Express had many more uses than that. It works great out in the field for hunting and anytime you are in a static mode such as tree stands, glassing for game, and even at outdoor stadiums for ball games. Check out the web page and let the questions and comments begin!

http://kifaru.net/woobieXpress.html#

Mel

Default Re: Woobie Express Live!!!

Excellent middle ground indeed! I like it.
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god...And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee..."

Hey guys,

I wanted to mention that in a couple of the photos and in the video, you will see a gap in the collar. That was a pre-production piece and has since been taken care of with a velcro attachment in the mid area of the collar. It works great now with a good seal as the attached close up photos will show.

Name:  WoX44.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  36.8 KBName:  WoX55.jpg
Views: 2008
Size:  39.4 KB

Mel

I just bought the coyote/OD woobie express. Talk about impulse buying.
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god...And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee..."

Not sure how to take your comment Big W, but sometimes less can be more. The offerings that I mentioned in my initial post were the Crye HalfJak and the HPG Mountain Serape, both excellent products. The Crye would really work best for patrolling where you want to stay warm and be able to quickly access all your gear off your 2nd line. Once you become static it will not keep you as warm as a Woobie or Woobie Express. The Mountain Serape has more functions, but has much more bulk, and some folks might not have a need to cover themselves with a full sleeping bag. That's where my statement comes from as far as covering that middle ground between these two products. It really does come down to choices, and what fits your needs and requirements. Hopefully, folks will like the Woobie Express for that balance between features and weight.

Mel

too bad,i just got my woobie, looks nice though

Quote Originally Posted by Big W View Post
    Awesome! Its kinda like a HPG Mountain Serape with less features for a higher price. Buy 'em up guys!
    You forgot to point out that it's made by Americans, not El Salvadorans, unlike the HPG Mountain Serape. Although neither product interests me, there is value in American-made products to some of us.

Scott

Very interesting. Any footsack provisions for use as a sleeping quilt Mel?

Quote Originally Posted by Big W View Post
    Awesome! Its kinda like a HPG Mountain Serape with less features for a higher price. Buy 'em up guys!
    Why don't you stay on your less frequented forums? Your reputation and comments here speaks for itself -
    Last edited by mgutman; 03-23-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: No need to sling mud

Take-a-knee,

It can be used as a blanket on top of you, but you can't wrap up in it sleeping bag style like a Woobie. It just isn't long or wide enough. As a blanket on top though, you can put your feet into the stuff pocket at the bottom, and that works very well keeping it from sliding around. It's only 70" long, so most guys can pull it up under their chin, but a munchkin like myself, I can actually get it over my head.

Mel