Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timberline 3 video

Default Timberline 3 video

I noticed some chatter about the T3, so we did a quick video on the pack over at Rokslide.

I understand that some don't like the size of the opening, but some do, and keeping everyone happy isn't always possible at one time. The idea of the T3 was simple; a sleek and low profile day pack that would give a person with a long torso plenty of lift for load hauling and still have the option of a 1-2 night pack. With the use of a Grab It, the T3 can handle any sized elk quarter (bone in) and take 2 deboned quarters inside the pack.

A larger opening could be done with the T3, but the pack would need to be shorter and deeper to keep it at 3,700ci. This would defeat the "sleek/low pro" idea behind the pack and the Grab It pretty much takes care of any issues with hauling quarters. That's not to say a pack like that won't ever be designed or that the T3 is perfect, but the positive feedback of the current model has far outweighed the negative.

Constructive and positive feedback is always welcomed with Patrick (from what I've seen anyway), so lets try and keep things that way

Here's the video:

http://vimeo.com/38709445

Default Re: Timberline 3 video

Very good video Aron.

Thanks for the videos and the time you put in. I want a T3 now.

Aron,

Any possibility on some close up pictures of how the frame stay system works? Specifically with where the top of the bag meets up with the stays, and how they change in and out.

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by NTL View Post
    Aron,

Any possibility on some close up pictures of how the frame stay system works? Specifically with where the top of the bag meets up with the stays, and how they change in and out.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Do you mean were and how you install & remove them? They are inserted into individual sleeves sewn onto the pack. They go in from the bottom and slide up to the top. The bottom of the stays insert into the waist belts so all the weight is transfered to your hips. So you insert them and remove them from the bottom of the pack if that is what you are refering to?

Jim

Aron,

Thanks for posting the video's. Much appreciated!

Jim,

What I am refering to is the top of the frame stays where the metal 3/tribar piece is. In some of the photos Aron had put up, they show the frame poking out quite high on the bag, and I just wanted to know how the whole system works for the Timberline 3.

Cheers,
    Andy

Aron,

Cheers,
    Andy
    Here is a link to a video on swapping the stays. I believe it is the same for the Timberline and KU 5200.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MD7...nm2AsBs-QVo%3D
    Does this help you at all?

Name:  DSC_0357.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0342.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0340.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  23.7 KB

Actually removing/swapping/or replacing the stays in a Timberline is simpler than a KU from what I have seen.

Jim,

What I am refering to is the top of the frame stays where the metal 3/tribar piece is. In some of the photos Aron had put up, they show the frame poking out quite high on the bag, and I just wanted to know how the whole system works for the Timberline 3.

Cheers,

Andy

The photos posted above give a good view of them. I believe that is a T2 prob with 26" stays. I have the T3 which have the 24" stays. The photos above show it perfectly. The 3 bar slider you can adjust the angle of the lift. Obviously the 26" stays are going to extend above the pack more. Which in case you could slide the lift straps down to reduce the angle if needed. Excellent photos.
    Last edited by JL; 03-27-2012 at 07:05 AM.