Thread: Browning MkIII High Power Pistol - Canada Only

Default Browning MkIII High Power Pistol - Canada Only

Browning Hi-Power MKIII .40S&W in excellent condition. I have had this pistol for around three years and have put approximately 300 rounds through it. Mag safety has been removed. It comes with the original box and manual, two magazines as well as a leather pancake sheath and two mag holder made by yours truly. $775 plus shipping. Sold

Last edited by moa_shooter; 03-26-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Sold
    kevtmiller.blogspot.com -------I have too many hobbies-------

Default Re: Browning MkIII High Power Pistol - Canada Only

Wow! A handgun owner in Canada!

I had the impression that handguns were illegal there, mainly because of the response that I got about bringing a pistol on canoe trips in Quetico. That's a nice Browning! Are there special requirements to own a handgun in Canada? I know there had been talk about doing away with the national registry due to cost and proof that it didn't work as intended. I would like to take my .500 S&W to Alaska, my understanding is that I can't drive and do it legally.

When I lived in Northern MN a few years back, there were two fellows from Canada that shot in the Grand Forks, ND IDPA club I belonged to. I was really surprised that they were able to own handguns and cross the border every month for the matches. If I remember correctly, in order to own them, they had to show proof of participation in shooting competition. Since that part of Manitoba is pretty rural, they came down to Grand Forks, ND for the matches, and that qualified them for ownership. They always had way more trouble crossing back into Canada than they did crossing into the USA. I don't think it's even possible for a US citizen to get into Canada with a handgun, even for a competition. Heck, it was a pain even taking a hunting rifle across the border...

Scott

Not illegal to own but lot's of red tape. You can own one if you are a member of a club and use it for target practice or you are a collector. You can get a permit for concealed carry but it is VERY rare. I believe you can also apply to have a pistol if you are in remote wilderness area and need it for wildlife protection.

You can only transport it to and from an approved range with an "att" (Authorization to Transport) locked in a locked container.

Surprisingly, one thing we can do that I believe you can't in the US is mail a firearm that you have sold directly to another person.

I'm a member of the Blue water Sportsmens Association Club in Port Huron Michigan and can cross back and forth over the border but must have the proper paperwork (form 6) from the BATF.
    kevtmiller.blogspot.com -------I have too many hobbies-------