Thread: So now BO is a prepper

Hybrid View

Default So now BO is a prepper

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...s-preparedness

What I get from this is that no matter how much rice, beans, med supplies, ammo, silver spare parts for my AR it doesnt matter because as soon as I need this stuff it could be confiscated and me put into a work camp. WTF over

I seem to remember hearing reagan doing something similar, did he?

I'm sure ya'll here will tell me to remove the tinfoil from my k-pot but I still cant help but get paranoid when I see **** like this
    Fire without movement is a waste, movement without fire is suicide.

Please excuse all grammar and punctuation mistakes. I'm posting from my phone.

Default Re: So now BO is a prepper

Someone neglected to tell Ken Salazar about this one: .....Sec. 306. Strategic and Critical Materials. The Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of the Interior in consultation with the Secretary of Defense as the National Defense Stockpile Manager, are each delegated the authority of the President under section 303(a)(1)(B) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(a)(1)(B), to encourage the exploration, development, and mining of strategic and critical materials and other materials......

Some pretty Orwellian shyte alright. So, what's new?

I understand that the original EO dealing with national defense resources preparedness was issued in 1939 (EO 8248). This paper has been amended many times since, including twice by GW Bush.

I have not read the text and am curious what content in the newest version differs significantly from previous versions. Has anyone come upon a sober analysis of what is actually in the newest EO or is this just another chicken little moment?
    Last edited by Jim N; 03-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    The first essential for advancement in knowledge is for men to be willing to say, "We do not know". - Francis Bacon

If there is anything there that authorizes confiscation of personal property or establishment of slave labor camps perhaps someone would point that out. As far as I can see this document deals with industrial production and related matters. During WWII there was extensive use of government resources used to create facilities to manufacture war materiel but the companies involved were paid for their efforts as were all persons employed in such production. The companies involved were happy to get the orders and the people involved were happy to have well-paying jobs. Chicken Little? I think so.

Ralph, in WWII was an EO used to do those things? Or did the majority see the threat and jumped to help.

Signing an EO means they would have to force it. If all those things absolutly needed to happen after a catastophy then the EO wouldnt be needed.

The problem I see with it is that no, it doesnt specificly say anything about femacamps or anything but that it is so vague on aquiring recourses and personel and could be twisted when neccasary
    Fire without movement is a waste, movement without fire is suicide.

Please excuse all grammar and punctuation mistakes. I'm posting from my phone.