Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T3 impressions

Default Re: T3 impressions

Hey, take-a-pee., to ease your pain why don't you just go with the McHale and quit whinning. I LOVE my ku's. phil
    none

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hey, take-a-pee., to ease your pain why don't you just go with the McHale and quit whinning. I LOVE my ku's. phil
    Wow. You stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I love my KU3700 as well, I just don't think it would fare too well if it tumbled 4-500ft down a scree slope. I would like a pack similarly designed that would, and Kifaru has yet to produce one that doesn't feel like it is half loaded when you pick it up...empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    This thread is painful to read. I was really hoping for a KU5200 in spectra, or at least 500 Codura, and I'd almost talked myself into a T3, then I find out it has a funnel (like the Express) for a top opening. Does Patrick not look at his competitors' websites?
    Take a look at the Longhunter. Three different sized bags.5200, 7200, 8200. 1 big bag like the KU. 500 cordura. An awesome pack that carrys heavy loads.

And I doubt Patrick cares what other companies are doing. He does his own thing and in turn creates some of the best packs ever!
    Last edited by Ermine; 03-23-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    The woods are calling and I must go

I love my KU3700 as well, I just don't think it would fare too well if it tumbled 4-500ft down a scree slope. I would like a pack similarly designed that would, and Kifaru has yet to produce one that doesn't feel like it is half loaded when you pick it up...empty.
    In my opinion kifaru packs are really light when empty compared to other packs out there. The KU will stand up to the abuse. Like I mentioned check out the Longhunters

Of the one McHale pack I saw, my buddy owns it, I wasn't that impressed certainly not twice the pack of a Kifaru as they price would indicate. The overall weight is more than a Timberline Line, and he put a hole right through it with a goat horn. No pack in indestructible not even a fully dyneema McHale. Common sense will always be key. I wouldn't want any pack to take a tumble down a scree slope. I'd be more concerned about the spotter and rifle attached to my pack during the tumble down a scree slope like that than my KU pack anyways.

Yea if you take a tumble 500 ft down a scree field. The pack is the last thing I would be worrying about. Your body, weapon, first

Quote Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
    Yea if you take a tumble 500 ft down a scree field. The pack is the last thing I would be worrying about. Your body, weapon, first
    I didn't mean with me attatched to it.

I'll probably wind up with a ULA Epic and put KU stays in it.

Are you gonna pack a silnylon bag inside your ULA epic?? I thought about going that route, but I know for a fact that the KU material is hands down stronger than a silnylon bag in the event of a pack taking a tumble down the mountain. The harness systems are probably of equal strength so not sure what you are really gaining between the two.

The ULA is gonna run ya $340 and the KU 3700 (equal to the 65L that you'll get with the ULA epic) is gonna be $518. Only difference is one if actually be rated and used extensively to haul heavy loads. The other is rated at 40 and by putting KU stays in it you are hoping the frame will hold up with 100 pounds in it.
    Last edited by alaskalanche; 03-24-2012 at 12:47 AM.

You could always just do more thrusters to negate the extra weight.

ETA. BTW, did you do 12.5?