Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lighter weight cargo panel

Default Re: Lighter weight cargo panel

Quote Originally Posted by WYOelkHunter View Post
    where can they be bought?
    You can contact Wilderness Pack Specialties through their website. Email or just calling will get you what you need.

thanks,,

My wife and I have designed and are building something very similar. total cost for one is going to be about $6 for materials plus a little time. It will be made of 500d cordura and some straps. I will post up pictures when done.

Good for you. If I had some sewing skills I would defiantely make one also. Not much to it. The last time I checked the one from WPS it was only about $15 so they are extremely affordable.

wow, very affordable. If I would have known about the WPS I would have bought one of them instead of building one. But it is kind of fun making one like I want it. Luckily my wife sews.

Im gonna guess it has gone up a few $$ but def very reasonable. I dont blame you for making one. Besides cost, it is nice to use something you made with your own hands. Please post some pictures when done.

The rest of the materials will be here this week. We have a template made out of a sheet. I am still playing around with some things to get it how I want. I will post up some pics of it when done.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOelkHunter View Post
    The rest of the materials will be here this week. We have a template made out of a sheet. I am still playing around with some things to get it how I want. I will post up some pics of it when done.
    Sounds good.

Wow still only $15! Just ordered 2 with shipping for $35! Only comes in Foliage but who can complain for the price! She says "sir these are made to order so I have to make them and I will not be able to ship them until tomorrow". One whole day I have to wait!
    Last edited by JL; 03-19-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Yup! I figured they would still be the same price- but did not want to quote that price in the post with the pic I posted.

I have ordered about 3-4 of those over a # of years for different frames and they have always been the same price; same as I paid last year. They wear great- never had a problem; I have one on a old Peak One frame, one on a WPS Molle frame and now one for the Kifaru. Works great to have a few different frames to hand to my Son in laws and others when it is time to pack meat.

Wilderness pack specialties is a good company and great people to deal with! All of their stuff is tough and well built. Besides their own gear they are also the ones that make the "Outdoorsman packs" and are the ones that make the "Hardcore" packs.

And they are all made here in the USA! ( and right here in Oregon to boot) As they (WPS) say- "by hunters for hunters". And you can't beat that!
    Last edited by stephen b; 03-19-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added the USA part

I owned one of their big fanny packs way back when. Carried every bit as good as the daystalker. Only problem is I. Have grown a few inches over the years and they do not make different size belts. Only longer webbing. When the belts have pockets on them and they are practically behind you because you are fat, it no longer fits.